Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:12:09 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2018 Special Session
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2018 Special Session  ( 2243 )
Barbara
: 270

« : June 26, 2018, 09:52:47 AM »

The Vermont House met yesterday to reconsider the vote taken in the last minutes of June 22nd; literally as it was closing on midnight of that day. After the introduction and consideration of three amendments H16 was passed to the Senate on a voice vote with the amendment proposed by Representative Toll. The House concurred with the Senate with three instances of amendment. These were considered minor edits by the Senate and the House proposal was accepted on a voice vote. The Senate suspended the rules to allow rapid passage of the bill to the Governor’s desk, where it arrived Monday afternoon. A statement has been released by several news media and posted on Governor Phil Scott’s official Vermont website that he will allow the bill to become law without his signature. The property tax rate battle will be fought anew in the next biennium.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: