Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:45:10 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Bill Muzzy Dies At Age 81
« previous next »
: [1]
: Bill Muzzy Dies At Age 81  ( 1949 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 06, 2018, 07:35:30 AM »

William “Bill” Muzzy died peacefully at Respite House in Colchester VT on June 2, 2018 due to congestive heart failure. He was 81. Present at the time of death were his Wife of 59 years Ramona “Mona” Muzzy and his youngest son Raymond Muzzy.

Bill was born August 9, 1936 in Middlebury VT to his parents George F. Muzzy and Flora (Perkins) Muzzy.  He graduated from Edmunds High School in 1955 and worked at Brewer Bothers Motors until 1965 when he went to work for IBM in Essex Jct. VT as a machinist and tool-maker.  While there he became interested in the industrial glass shop.  He applied for a transfer, trained and became an expert industrial glassblower.  He spent most of his career there, making many improvements and contributions to the processes at the glass shop and eventually travelled throughout the U.S. conducting trainings at other IBM sites.

He married Ramona Sears in 1959 and together they raised 3 sons, 3 dogs, and 3 cats at their home in Shelburne where he resided until just a few weeks prior to his death. He enjoyed camping, cars, and country music.  In his later years he developed and maintained many friendships on FaceBook.

He is survived by his three sons and their families: Brion and Nancy Muzzy, Michael Muzzy and Maris Rose, Raymond and Carol Muzzy, eight grandchildren : Daniel, Douglas, Dalton, Kristi, Amanda, Will and Ben Muzzy, Samantha Laurencelle and her husband Avery, Three  great-grandchildren: Lily Blair, Oliver and Azaria Laurencelle, a niece: Jennifer and Mike Staats and daughter Holly, a nephew: Seth Muzzy and husband Ron Amato, and several cousins and their families.  He is preceded in death by his brother Ralph Muzzy.

A Catholic Mass and burial will be held at St. Catherine of Sienna church in Shelburne VT on Friday June 8, at 12:15 pm. There will be a reception at the church hall immediately after. Per his request there will be no calling hours.

In lieu of flowers, please send donations to:
Shelburne Rescue - 154 Turtle Ln, Shelburne, VT 05482  (802) 985-5125
Or
McClure Miller VNA Respite House - 3113 Roosevelt Hwy, Colchester, VT 05446  (802) 879-0943

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: