Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:34:35 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  George Ferguson Dies At Age 86
« previous next »
: [1]
: George Ferguson Dies At Age 86  ( 2080 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 08, 2018, 10:21:38 AM »

(Sorry, my Forum Program would not post photos this morning

George Rongwald Ferguson  Summerton, SC / Fairfax, VT – George Ferguson 86, a longtime resident of Summerton, SC passed away on May 4, 2018 after a long battle with cancer. Born on July 19, 1931 in Rahway, NJ he was the son of Henry and Hulda Ferguson of Fairfax, VT. He was married to Polly Ladd Ferguson from 1984 until her death in October of 2007. He was formerly married to Nancy Sheltra Ferguson Ladd from 1952 until 1984. George graduated from Bellows Free Academy Fairfax in 1948. He had many different jobs over the years. He was a Fuller Brush salesman, carpenter, lumberjack, and he took over the family farm in Fairfax. He was the Road Commissioner for Fairfax for 9 years, then went to work at S.T. Griswold as a mechanic before finishing his career at Greenmont Lumber Company in Underhill. George moved to South Carolina where he continued his employment at Lake Marion Golf Course until he began treatment for cancer. Because his cancer was so rare, he even agreed to allow the doctors to document and write up his treatment in hopes of helping others.

George is survived by his sister, Grace Pigeon of Largo, FL and his 2 brothers Hugo Ferguson and wife Evelyn of Clearwater, FL and Carlton Ferguson of Fletcher, Vt. His surviving children: Rebecca Hunt and her husband Marvin of Lexington, SC, George Ferguson Jr. of Fairfax, Richard Ferguson of Lexington, SC, Tracy Ferguson of Lexington, SC, Trudy Gilbert and her husband Dan of Georgia, VT, and Reginald Ferguson of Lexington, SC. He was predeceased by his son Randall who passed away from cancer on Feb. 1, 2016. He had 2 stepchildren Robert Ladd Jr. of Clovis, NM and Kathy Ladd Leroux and her husband Larry of St. Albans, Vt. George had 14 grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren, and 1 great-great-granddaughter in addition to many nieces and nephews.

George did not want to have a memorial service so we plan to have a celebration of his life on June 17th 1pm-4pm at Fletcher Historical Society Bldg./ old Grange Bldg. in Fletcher, Vermont. In lieu of flowers we ask that donations be made to: Offroad United Foundation, 12241 Southbridge Terrace, Hudson, Florida 34669 or you can go to their website. This foundation is set up to aid families of first responders – police, fire, first responders, military and to promote better relations between communities and those who serve and protect us.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: