Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:34:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2018 week 17
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2018 week 17  ( 1983 )
Barbara
: 270

« : May 04, 2018, 04:37:50 PM »

The House Transportation committee took testimony from legislative council and affected parties on changes the Senate is proposing to the T-bill. The bill is on the Senate calendar to be voted next week with changes that may indicate the DMV bill is not going to make it to final stages of law. The Senate amendments to the DMV bill were not accepted by the House and a committee of conference was appointed by the Speaker.
There was a great deal of floor action as rules were suspended allowing bills to move forward from the Notice calendar to the floor and actions relayed to the Senate; both without the 24 waiting period that rules require. Roll calls this week were requested on  S.105 an act relating to consumer justice enforcement, S.175 an act relating to the wholesale importation of prescription drugs into Vermont, S.197 an act relating to liability for toxic substance exposures or releases, S.260 an act relating to the cleanup of State waters, S.261 an act relating to mitigating trauma and toxic stress during childhood by strengthening child and family resilience, S.281an act relating to the mitigation of systemic racism and JRH17 Joint resolution opposing the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s proposed rollback of federal motor vehicle emission standards; the details are available on the legislature.vermont.gov website. The end to the session is close.
Please contact me at bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us, 802-849-6545, or by mail at 7 Lily Rd. The Sergeant at Arms office in the State House, (802) 828-2228, will see messages reach me as well.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: