Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:56:31 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Joyce Harris Dies At Age 86
« previous next »
: [1]
: Joyce Harris Dies At Age 86  ( 1919 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 10, 2018, 10:41:20 AM »

Essex Junction - Joyce A. Harris, 86, of Whitcomb Woods passed away peacefully Sunday April 8, 2018 in the University of VT Medical Center in Burlington.

Joyce was born June 16, 1931 in Ticonderoga, NY, the daughter of the late Clifton and Eva Quebec Sousie. She graduated from Burlington High School with the Class of 1950 and on December 9, 1950 she married Sam Harris in St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Burlington. Sam predeceased her on April 21, 2002.

While living in Essex she served her community as a Selectperson from 1980 to 1983. She and Sam lived for a while in Fairfax where she enjoyed being a parishioner of St. Luke Catholic Church and singing in the church choir. A very caring and giving person, Joyce enjoyed volunteering at the Northwest Medical Center. Her hobbies included ceramics and painting by number and playing Bingo at her senior apartment complex where she especially loved winning and enjoying the food prepared for her.

Joyce is survived by her children, Kathleen Benoit and her husband Gary of Jericho and Samuel Wayne Harris and his wife Betty of Fremont, NH; Several grandchildren, great grandchildren and one great great grandson, her sister Anne Fagga and her husband Frank of Burlington and her sisters-in-law; Blanche Zeno and Lorette Sousie. . Several nieces, nephews and many good friends.She was predeceased by her son, Mark and her daughter in law Kathleen Harris; Her brothers, Clifton, Robert and Richard Sousie.

Visiting Hours will be held on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 from 4 to 7 pm in the Minor Funeral Home, Route 7 in Milton.A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Thursday, April 12th at 10 am in St. Lawrence Catholic Church on West Street in Essex Junction.Memorial Contributions may be made to either the American Kidney Foundation, 6110 Executive Blvd., Suite 1010, Rockville, MD 20852-9813 or to the Franklin County Animal Rescue Association, 30 Sunset Meadows, St. Albans, VT 05478

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: