Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:21:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Orval Combs Dies At Age 90
« previous next »
: [1]
: Orval Combs Dies At Age 90  ( 1845 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 03, 2018, 04:46:19 PM »

Fairfield - Orval Combs, 90, died peacefully March 29, 2018 at the NWMC in St. Albans, VT. Orval was born in Richford May 4, 1927, son of the late Wayne and Olide (Bolt) Combs. Orval and his wife Mary (Boutin) Combs have been married 20 years and resided in Fairfield. Orval joined the Army in 1952 and served through 1953. This is where Orval learned boxing. After the service he used to box for fun at the Richford High School in the evenings. Many young folks liked to come and box and it gave them something to do. He missed only 3 or 4 outings of “Golden Gloves”, since 1954. This was his greatest outing in the winter and come, rain, sleet or storm he was there. He said, “I would have to be really ill if I couldn’t make it to the fights.” Another of Orval’s greatest hobbies was horse pulling. He had earned many ribbons and trophies over the years. Not a day went by where he wasn’t talking about horses or pulling. Orval and Mary adopted Mary’s granddaughter Samantha, after the passing of Mary’s daughter Christy Boutin. Orval would always have a bright smile when he spoke of Sam; she was the apple of his eye. He was always telling a story and giggling of all things they shared together and as a family. Orval started logging at a very young age where he still logged to the day he passed.

He is survived by: His wife Mary, daughter Samantha, step son Robert Hogaboom and wife Shirley, step daughter in-laws Sandra and Carol Hogaboom, nieces and nephews.

He was also predeceased by his 1st wife Marion (Dean) Hogaboom Combs, his siblings: Marjorie Brown, Evelyn Rowse, Delbert, Miles, Marquette, a step daughter Christy Boutin and his step sons: Larry, Gary, Norman, Horace and Richard Hogaboom.

Orval loved life and he will be deeply missed by all that knew him. We will all miss the hours of chatting with him.

Per Orval’s wishes there will be no public visiting hours. A graveside service will be held Friday, May 4th at 10:00, in the Jericho Center Cemetery, Jericho Center, Vt. Memorial contributions may be made to benefit the family with final expenses to Cathy Fuller at P.O.Box 73, Fairfield, Vermont 05455. The family invites you to share your memories and condolences by visiting www.awrfh.com.
« : April 04, 2018, 11:19:56 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: