Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:58:00 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Zen Gardening, Sourdough, Chickens and more!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Zen Gardening, Sourdough, Chickens and more!  ( 1697 )
LibraryPrograms
: 363

« : April 02, 2018, 09:35:38 AM »

To register for any programs at the Fairfax Community Library call 802-849-2420 or email Nicole at libraryprograms@fwsu.org

Tuesday, April 3, 9:30-10:30am: Preschool Story Hour: Music Special w/ Caitlin
Join us for themed stories, songs, and activities for ages 0-6. No registration necessary for Story Hour.

Tuesday, April 3 and 10, 3-4:30pm: Sewing Club: Zippered Pouch
Youth age 8+ will create a pouch with a zipper closure. Students will meet in the library then go to room #457 to work. Must register.

Thursday, April 5, 6-7pm: PJ Story Hour
Kids age 0-6 listen to themed stories, followed by a craft and snack. Thanks to Building Bright Futures for this wonderful program.

Saturday, April 7, 10-11am: DIY Zen Gardens
Learn how to de-stress and improve your focus with karesansui, or Zen gardening. Participants will create one of these meditation gardens with sand and smooth stones and fashion a special wooden ball which, when rolled, produces patterns in the sand. See photo below. Ages 14+. Registration required. Cost is $10 for materials.

Monday, April 9, 3-4pm: Crafternoon: Slime!
Kids ages 6+ will learn create colorful, glittery slime. Must register.

Tuesday, April 10, 6-7pm: Sourdough Baking
Learn from local baker, Sarah Barnes, how to make amazing sourdough breads and other treats. In this hands-on workshop, participants will create a no-knead bread recipe to take home and bake. Plus, each participant will get to go home with some extra starter to experiment with. Must register.

Saturday, April 14, 10-11:30am: Chickens 101
Join Andrew Judge from Seeds for Growth in this introductory seminar about raising chickens, both for meat and for eggs. Andrew will cover all the basics of breeds, diet, housing, and daily care. He will also discuss a recent project involving raising meat birds with neighbors to share with local aid organizations. Please register.

--
Nicole Vance - Program Planner
Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454
(802) 849-2420
libraryprograms@fwsu.org
Find us on Facebook!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: