Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:39:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2018 week 12
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2018 week 12  ( 2000 )
Barbara
: 270

« : March 30, 2018, 11:20:22 AM »

Representative Taylor, of Colchester shared a baseball story for devotion Tuesday which offered the reminder that it is critical in judging the truth of a statement to know the perspective of the one making it. As we spent over six more hours debating the merits of S. 55 and another slew of amendments before a final roll call vote of 89 yeas and 54 nays to send it to the Senate, it was helpful to remember the differences of perspective we each hold. Other actions taken by the House during the week give law enforcement authority in establishing extreme risk protection orders, S. 221 and provide assistance to correct the erroneous GPS information in the 911 system for two thirds of Vermont schools. 
The Capital bill passed last year was designed as a two year budget so the bill presented this year is an adjustment to the plan. Capital construction and State bonding budget adjustment, H.923 includes among its expenditures the appropriation of five million dollars to support the school safety and security grant program, provides funding to water quality programs, mental health needs and adult career and technical education programs.
Several announcements on the House floor Friday highlighted young Vermonters. The devotion was offered by the Speaker and directed at the outgoing class of pages. One of the many services they performed was to connect us to our constituents through the numerous messages received by the Sergeant at Arms office. HCR 295 a resolution congratulating the Vermont teams for participating in the 2017-18 FIRST & FFL robotics competitions was read and included the team from Fairfax. Several of the teams set up and demonstrated their projects in Room 11 for visitors who included Governor Scott.  Lastly, four exchange students from Turkey, Pakistan and Germany, who are staying with Vermont families and visiting the State House to see our government in action, were introduced and recognized by the House.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: