Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:32:37 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Sandy Alexander for School Board
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sandy Alexander for School Board  ( 3938 )
Sandy Alexander
: 3

« : March 02, 2018, 02:06:49 PM »

My name is Sandy Alexander and I am running for the 2-year vacancy on the BFA Fairfax School Board.

Professionally, I have worked in education for more than 17 years. Over the course of my career, I have served in several professional roles: Co-Chair of my school's Climate Committee, Lead Teacher of the science department, Mentor for T.A.P. (Teacher Apprenticeship Program) and advisor for several student groups. In these various positions, I have learned a great deal about respectful teamwork, open-mindedness, budget management, and balancing emotions and priorities within the realm of the public education system. My professional interests include school safety, climate, and maintaining academic rigor in a proficiency-based learning environment.

On a personal level, my husband Ed and I have lived in Fairfax since 2004, and our son Elijah is in the 4th grade at Fairfax Elementary School. I am very passionate about the quality of education provided in our public schools, and I'm excited to be a part of our unique school's growth and development for many years to come!

If I am elected to the School Board, I will bring optimism, enthusiasm, and a practical perspective to the table. I am committed to working with the other School Board members to make BFA Fairfax the best that it can be.

I hope you will consider voting for me on March 6th.

Respectfully,
Sandy Alexander
sandyalex73@gmail.com
« : March 02, 2018, 04:05:52 PM Sandy Alexander »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: