Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:30:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Beginning Genealogy Class - Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 10:30 AM
« previous next »
: [1]
: Beginning Genealogy Class - Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 10:30 AM  ( 1794 )
rwing180
: 98

« : February 07, 2018, 04:00:28 PM »

Beginning Genealogy is the topic of our Saturday, February 10, 2018 class. The class starts at 10:30 AM and goes until 12 noon, the cost is $10 and it is in our conference room at the Vermont Genealogy Library.  A multi-page handout will be included in the class.

Genealogy can seem overwhelming to those who are just getting started. In this introduction to the subject Sheila Morris will discuss records, techniques and best practices for conducting sound research. This talk is aimed at beginners and at those who have already started but are still relatively inexperienced. Sheila will also cover how to organize the records and images that result from your research efforts.

Bring as much information as you can about your grandparents; births, marriages, deaths and where they lived. After the talk our volunteers can help you get started using our many resources.

Sheila Morris is past president of the Vermont French-Canadian Genealogical Society and editor of our journal, LINKS. She has taught numerous genealogy classes at our society as well as at many local libraries as well as assisting visitors with English, Scottish, New England and Quebec research.

Classes at the Vermont Genealogy Library are $10.00 and run from 10:30 to noon.  We are open for research Tuesdays 3 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 to 4.The library is located on Hegeman Ave, Fort Ethan Allen, Colchester.  Parking and entrance are across from the State Police Building. Visit our website www.vtgenlib.org or call 802-310-9285 for more details.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: