Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:54:30 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier 2018 week 3
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier 2018 week 3  ( 3206 )
Barbara
: 270

« : January 19, 2018, 04:05:49 PM »

Committee work in Transportation focused on receiving testimony on the Highway Safety Bill as well as hearing updates of several transportation projects such as the North Hero-Grand Isle Bridge project, Canadian border area projects and Middlebury Tunnel. The Highway Safety bill was voted out of Committee on Friday which could allow it to be considered by the House next week. Sections of the bill deal with issues ranging from drivers slowing their speed when encountering vulnerable users in their path, to enforcing seatbelt usage as a primary offense. Current law only permits law enforcement to ticket a driver if there is another reason for the stop.

The Budget Adjustment Act was read on the floor Thursday and was amended by the Appropriations committee to reflect the most recent revenue forecast. To quote directly from the committees summary, “With Federal Tax Reform creating revenue uncertainty and unknown levels of federal funding, the House Appropriations Committee Budget Adjustment focuses on FY 2018 funding needs, and includes strong reserves, while leaving policy decisions for the FY 2019 budget process.” The vote was taken by Roll Call and passed with only one vote in opposition.

The Franklin County delegation has reserved the Ethan Allen room for the noon hour on the third Thursday of each month during Session. This Thursday officers from NWMC shared information concerning the progress of health goals in our county and the RiseVT endeavor.  “OneCare Vermont, the statewide Accountable Care Organization, has adopted RiseVT as a prime strategy for helping keep healthy people healthy and improving the wellness of all Vermonters.”

Last week I had the honor of starting the week with a resident of Fairfax in the State House. This week it was my pleasure to meet Fairfax resident Staff Sergeant Megan Byrne of the Vermont National Guard on Friday. Members of the Guard and representatives from Office of Veterans affairs were recognized by the House during Floor Announcements. 

For more information or to contact me please email me at bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us or call 802-849-6545 or mail to 7 Lily Rd Fairfax VT 05454. The Sergeant at Arms at the State House will also relay messages.
Pete King
: 6

« #1 : January 19, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »

Hi Barb.
I do not see any information about the marijuana bill that recently passed in Montpelier. Did you vote in favor of this bill?
Barbara
: 270

« #2 : January 26, 2018, 04:06:29 PM »

Peter, the information about the marijuana bill was in the week 1 posting. H511 was passed by a roll call vote and all House members votes are a matter of record on the legislature.vermont.gov website. The Senate passed the bill on a voice vote so there is no record of an individual's vote.
Pete King
: 6

« #3 : January 27, 2018, 10:00:32 PM »

Oh Really !
The Vermont Roll Call Vote Record
H.511 An act relating to eliminating penalties for possession of limited amounts of marijuana by adults 21 years of age or older
Date 1/4/2018 5:58 PM
Question
Shall the House concur in the Senate proposal of amendment with further amendment as offered by Rep. Conquest of Newbury as amended?
Total Yes
Total No
Total Absent
Pass/Fail   -  Pass
Journal Page 1/4/2018 HJ 94 P. 73

Murphy of Fairfax -  voted  " Yeh "  as indicated in the Vermont Roll Call Vote record

: [1]  
« previous next »
: