Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:56:19 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sandy Alexander for School Board
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sandy Alexander for School Board  ( 1909 )
Sandy Alexander
: 3

« : January 18, 2018, 07:10:37 PM »

My name is Sandy Alexander and I am interested in a 2-year appointment on the BFA Fairfax School Board. I would like to share some professional and personal information about myself to demonstrate why I believe I'm qualified to represent our community on the School Board.

Professionally, I hold a Master’s Degree in Education from UVM, and have taught high school science in a neighboring school district for more than 17 years. Over the course of my career, I have served in several professional roles: Co-Chair of my school’s Climate Committee, Lead Teacher of the science department, Mentor for T.A.P. (Teacher Apprenticeship Program) and advisor for several student groups. In these various positions, I have learned a great deal about respectful teamwork, open-mindedness, budget management, and balancing emotions and priorities within the realm of the public education system. My professional interests include school climate and maintaining academic rigor in a proficiency-based learning environment.

On a personal level, my husband Ed and I have lived in Fairfax since 2004, and our son Elijah is in the 4th grade at Fairfax Elementary School. I've never been involved in any aspect of local politics, but seeing our community become so adrenalized about the pros and cons of the school renovation project really piqued my interest. There’s nothing I am more passionate about than the quality of education provided in our public schools, and I’m excited to be a part of our unique school’s growth and development for many years to come!

If I am elected to the School Board, I will bring optimism, enthusiasm, educational experience and a thoughtful perspective to the table. I am committed to working with the other School Board members to make BFA Fairfax the best that it can be. I hope you will consider voting for me on Town Meeting Day.

Respectfully,
Sandy Alexander
sandyalex73@gmail.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: