Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:39:33 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  A Stranger's Christmas Gift at the Supermarket- paid it forward
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Stranger's Christmas Gift at the Supermarket- paid it forward  ( 6796 )
nancyd
: 304

« : December 22, 2017, 07:48:42 AM »

Hello,
Yesterday I was shopping at Hannaford in Essex. My shopping cart was packed full of Christmas meal items. Before loading my goodies on the conveyor belt, I took a quick look behind me and saw a man standing patiently behind his cart. He had far fewer items that would be "eligible" for the Express lane. I invited him to go ahead of me in line. He said " you don't have to do that". I insisted saying " I would be a terrible person if I didn't".
He smiled and said "Merry Christmas".  I smiled back at him, with " Merry Christmas".
I was too busy loading my things to notice a most precious gesture from this stranger.
Out of breath, and with an sigh of exhaustion, I finally looked at the cashier, who asked if I knew the man. I said "No". She replied " Because he just left you $100.00 for your groceries".
I was in shock, and I quickly looked around for him, but he was already out of sight.
My bill was $240.00 of which I was only charged $140.00!

I asked the cashier if She knew his name. She told me, but I am unable to locate him to thank him. He may be out of sight but will never be out of mind. And as for me? I will make sure I pay it Forward.
Happy Holidays
NancyD
Update: I have paid it forward by giving out 20.00 to 5 people;
To the crew at the dump site on Morse Rd in Fairfax,
And to someone I know who really needs it.
« : January 05, 2018, 04:59:35 PM nancyd »
ssweet
: 293

« #1 : December 22, 2017, 08:51:20 AM »

What a wonderful story.  Merry Christmas!
nancyd
: 304

« #2 : December 22, 2017, 09:35:53 AM »

Merry Christmas to you too! And of course a Holiday
Wish to Everyone for a Happy and Healthy Year ahead!
Nancy
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : December 22, 2017, 09:04:53 PM »

I love this!! Thanks for sharing!!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: