Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:29:17 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Would you like to be a Library Trustee?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Would you like to be a Library Trustee?  ( 1981 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : November 29, 2017, 07:35:59 PM »

Become a Library Trustee!

Do you love visiting the Fairfax Community Library? 
Do you care deeply about providing access to information, literature, and lifelong learning?
Do you have interest in and time for public service? 
If so, please consider becoming a Fairfax Community Library Trustee.

What does it mean to be a Fairfax Community Library trustee?

A Library Trustee’s main role involves serving on a five-member board to provide support for the library’s mission. Responsibilities include advocacy, directing the library’s funds and policies, hiring, evaluating and supporting the library director, participating at Board meetings, and sharing tasks between meetings.

How much time does it take to be a Trustee?

Trustee meetings are generally for 1.5-2 evening hours, once every other month. Because our community and school libraries share the same space and mutual interests, Trustees also attend two meetings yearly of a Joint Committee, consisting of school, public library, and town Select Board representatives.  We also do attend some events to learn more about libraries and to advocate for ours.

How do I become a Library Trustee?

By design, Library Trustees serve for three years, and up to two positions open annually.  If you wish to be on the ballot for one of two open positions on Town Meeting Day 2018, obtain a petition at the Fairfax Town Office as soon as possible. Submit it to the Town Clerk with approximately 35 Fairfax registered voters’ signatures no later than 5 pm on January 29th.   

Where can I get more information?
Contact  Rev. Liz Griffin, Secretary of Fairfax Library Trustees
              pastorliz@earthlink.net
: [1]  
« previous next »
: