Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:11:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Stories, STEM, and the Abenaki
« previous next »
: [1]
: Stories, STEM, and the Abenaki  ( 1664 )
LibraryPrograms
: 363

« : November 20, 2017, 11:00:42 AM »

Tuesday, November 21, 9:30-10:3am: Preschool Story Hour: Jungle
Join us for themed stories, songs, and activities for ages 0-6. No registration necessary for story hour.

The library will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23- Saturday, Nov. 25. Happy Thanksgiving!

Monday, November 27, 3-4pm: Lab Girls
This club empowers young women to explore science and technology through hands-on experiments and activities. For grades 4-8. This month we will be joined by the Watershed Alliance to conduct some water chemistry tests and look at some preserved benthic macroinvertebrate samples and discuss how these are indicators for water quality. Must register. 

Tuesday, November 28, 9:30-10:30am: Preschool Story Hour: Pizza
Join us for themed stories, songs, and activities for ages 0-6. No registration necessary for story hour.

Wednesday, November 29, 3-4pm: STEM Club
Kids age 6+ will continue to learn about simple machines and work on automatons with local inventor Ralph Lemnah. Must register.

Thursday, November 30, 6:30-7:30pm: The Abenaki: History and Culture
Join Melody Brook, Chair of the Vermont Commission on Native American Affairs, for a discussion about the Abenaki, their history and culture, and what issues this group is facing today.  Co-sponsored by the Fairfax Historical Society

--
Nicole Vance - Program Planner
Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454
(802) 849-2420
libraryprograms@fwsu.org
Find us on Facebook!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: