Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:50:14 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Unapproved Minutes: Trustees' Meeting, October 26
« previous next »
: [1]
: Unapproved Minutes: Trustees' Meeting, October 26  ( 1827 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : October 29, 2017, 09:10:57 AM »

Fairfax Community Library
Board of Trustees’ Meeting
October 26 2017
The meeting was called to order at 4:46 PM. In attendance were: Eric Foreman, Chris Fearon,
Pat Gallant, Janel Gamm, Liz Griffin.
The minutes of the October 17 meeting were read and discussed. A motion to approve was made by Chris and they were approved.
Debbie met with the Board for the first 10 minutes of the
meeting to discuss the rationale for her request for a salary increase and an increase in hours
worked.
One significant financial concern for Debbie is that the copays for her health insurance have
increased 50%
Along with a request for salary increase, Debbie also believes that there is a need for her ( and
her staff ) to have more hours.
The library, she said, is a very busy place with a busy patron stream all day, reducing the time
she has for administrative concerns. Further, there are some projects,such as updating the
library website, and applying for grants that require large chunks of focused time. Other
activities she would like to undertake, but lacks sufficient time for are: visits to local child care
providers, and visits with residents of our local senior housing. Book delivery to the home
bound is an activity she would like to revitalize.
After Debbie’s thorough presentation the Board entered Executive Session at 5:05. A lengthy
discussion ensued vis a vis salary and hour increases for library staff. The Trustees exited
Executive Session ast 6:15 PM.
We discussed several options in regard to hours and COLA for the library staff. The final total
for the 2018 Fairfax Community Library budget is $107815. This represents a 3.44% increase
over last year’s budget request. The budget includes a 2 hour increase for the program planner,
a 1 hour increase for the library director, a .75 hour increase for the library assistant, and a
COLA increase for all staff. The exception is the summer student who will earn the Vermont
minimum wage of $10.50. ( Incidentally the library substitute wage will be $12.50)
A motion was made by Chris to submit the budget of $107,815, with an increase of 3.44% to
the Select Board for their approval.
Liz Griffin made a motion to adjourn, and the meeting was adjourned at 6:30.
Respectfully submitted
Elizabeth Griffin, secretary
« : October 30, 2017, 01:31:49 PM Rev. Elizabeth »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: