Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:27:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Summer Reading Finale and other events
« previous next »
: [1]
: Summer Reading Finale and other events  ( 1572 )
LibraryPrograms
: 363

« : August 07, 2017, 10:55:27 AM »

Tuesday, August 8, 9:30-10:30am:  Preschool Story Hour: I can be a FIREFIGHTER.. for a day
Join us for themed stories, songs, and activities for ages 0-6. No registration necessary for story hour. Discover how community helpers help build a better world for all of us, Meet a local firefighter and see a fire truck.

Wednesday, August 9, 10-11am: Three Little Pigs
In this hands-on program, children will create houses out of different materials and see if they stand up to the “big bad wolf” aka hair drier.  Ages 6+. Please register.

Thursday, August 10, 6:30-8pm: Non-Fiction Book Group discusses Nickel and Dimed, On (not) Getting by in America, by Barbara Ehrenreich. In the book the author goes on a journey across the United States, getting “unskilled labor” jobs and learning what it takes to survive on minimum wage. This controversial book reveals both sides of America’s privilege gap. Copies available at the library.

Saturday, August 12, 11-12:30: SRP Finale with Modern Times Theater and Prize Drawing
There will be live acoustic music on a variety of instruments, from the ukulele to the bicycle pump, as well as a thrilling puppet show with “Punch and Judy”, all calculated to delight and enlighten both children and their folks. Followed by our grand prize drawing for the bicycles and other large prizes. There will also be cake!

--
Nicole Vance - Program Planner
Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454
(802) 849-2420
libraryprograms@fwsu.org
Find us on Facebook!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: