Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Solar Ovens, Lyme Disease Talk, and more
« previous next »
: [1]
: Solar Ovens, Lyme Disease Talk, and more  ( 1656 )
LibraryPrograms
: 363

« : July 03, 2017, 10:15:58 AM »

Wednesday, July 5, 2-3:30pm: Solar Oven S’mores
We will build a solar oven in the library then go outside to test it out and heat up marshmallows to make delicious s’mores. Ages 6+. Please register. Younger siblings welcome to help eat the s’mores. SunCommon will also be there to teach us about solar energy and will bring their solar powered bubble machine. (Please note the new date due to the weather forecast.)

Thursday, July 6, 6-7pm: Lyme Disease Talk
Stacy Carpenter, from the Vermont Department of Health, will discuss the most common tick-borne diseases in Vermont, understanding tick behavior and ways to prevent tick bites.  Please register. And stay after to make an insect repellent that’s effective against ticks.

Thursday, July 6, 7-8pm: Make Your Own Natural Bug Repellant
Join our very own Debbie as she leads this workshop on how to make an all-natural bug repellant using essential oils.  (You’ll want to after the Lyme Disease talk.) Must register.

Saturday, July 8, 10-11:30am: Weather Report
In this hands-on program, children will learn about the weather and build instruments to measure rain and wind. Ages 6+. Please Register.

--
Nicole Vance - Program Planner
Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454
(802) 849-2420
libraryprograms@fwsu.org
Find us on Facebook!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: