Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:30:02 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Roland Pigeon Dies At Age 95
« previous next »
: [1]
: Roland Pigeon Dies At Age 95  ( 1880 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 28, 2017, 08:00:00 AM »

Roland A. Pigeon

Westford – Roland A. Pigeon, 95, died peacefully Wednesday evening, April 27, 2017, at his home, surrounded by his loving family.
Roland was born on May 11, 1921 in Saint- Joachim, Quebec, the son of Emile and Dorilla Pigeon.
In 1929, his family immigrated to the United States, settling in Westford, where they purchased a family farm.
Roland started playing music for local events at the age of 16. He later formed the band Roland and his Happy Ramblers, playing professionally throughout northern Vermont for over 60 years as well as serving several generations of family events.

He married Nettie Burnor on November 6, 1948, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in St. Albans. 

Roland contracted school busses for Westford and others for over fifty years, retiring in 1996.  He also operated charter coach bus services for everything from local high school teams to national presidential campaigns.

In addition to Nettie, he is survived by his sons George and wife Noreen and Dayle and wife Ann, both of Westford and by his daughter Luane Pigeon and her husband Andrew Jacob of Tempe, AZ.
Also surviving are his grandchildren Stefanie, Justin, Shauna, Jordan, Susan, Sarah, Benjamin, Samuel, Anna and Danielle, by 9 great grandchildren, by his siblings Annette Boutin, George and Raymond Pigeon and Doris Emond and several nieces and nephews.

Visiting hours will be held on Sunday, April 30, 2017 from 3-6pm in the Minor Funeral Home in Milton.

Memorial contributions in Roland’s memory may be made to the Red Brick Meeting House, P.O. Box 63, Westford, VT  05494.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Monday, May 1, 2017 at 1pm, at St. Luke’s Catholic Church in Fairfax with burial following in St. Luke’s Cemetery.
« : April 28, 2017, 08:14:32 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: