Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:29:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Customer service
« previous next »
: [1]
: Customer service  ( 4100 )
Norton
: 85

« : April 21, 2017, 05:57:46 AM »

Went into J&L Hardware the other day.  I was looking for a small part to use for a purpose never intended by the manufacturer, and I didn't really know what I needed.  By the time I was done I had three employees offering ideas and we found something that worked better than I had expected.  Paid about three bucks.

This is not unusual for me, and it got me thinking how lucking we are to have a first-rate hardware store in town.  You just don't get that kind of service in the big box stores.  I've also had a couple of larger projects where I learned that it's a good idea to talk to Jeff and his staff before assuming I would get a better price at a bigger store further away.

And I can't help but notice that the store always shows up as a generous sponsor for town events and fund-raisers. This isn't surprising, Jeff's family has a history of supporting the town, but again it's something you're more likely to get from a business that's family owned and locally run.

Anyway, I thought i would just share my thinking that we are fortunate to have that store and that it's the kind of business we all should be supporting.
ssweet
: 293

« #1 : April 21, 2017, 07:17:08 AM »

I couldn't agree more.  I think of them as the Dr. of hardware.  If they don't have it they will get it for you or fix it.  Most of the time they have it and it is cheaper than the big guys and a whole lot easier to get to and to deal with (say nothing about the time and gas you save).  I just love the store and the people that are there to help you.  They always say Hi and ask if they can help you when you walk in the door.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : April 23, 2017, 06:12:42 AM »

Sally & Norton,  I couldn't agree more.  Back when Maryann was alive I had to replace an odd ball screw on her walker and that time it was Brian that helped me out.  He installed it at a total cost of 14 cents.  Whether it is trying to figure out how to open my smoke alert system to check the battery or some other idiotic thing Jeff and his crew are there to help out.  We are indeed fortunate to have J & L Hardware here in Fairfax

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: