Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:24:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Bill Doyle's Town Meeting Day Survey March 2017
« previous next »
: [1]
: Bill Doyle's Town Meeting Day Survey March 2017  ( 5060 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 09, 2017, 11:10:12 AM »

« : March 09, 2017, 11:16:02 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : March 09, 2017, 06:45:53 PM »

are you satisfied with the quality of education .  most said yes . are property taxes to high most said yes . I don't understand the liberal way of thinking ? I wish they only allowed property owners to vote not renters then things would change....
mirjo
: 785

« #2 : March 09, 2017, 07:55:46 PM »

You do realize renters pay  the property owner's taxes on the rental with their rent, right? Which is why rent is astronomical compared to having a mortgage. It includes the cost of taxes and things like building repairs, trash removal, yard maintenance, whatever insurance the owner has on the building, as well as a profit for the landlord, who may/may not net much when all expenses are paid...

It's possible to be satisfied with the quality of education AND feel property taxes are too high. The two are not mutually exclusive. I don't know why you would think they are. So far no one has come up with a better way to pay for education so it's wide open to suggestion...I'm sure all ideas are welcome, so whenever your ready, send Montpelier a draft of your best ones.

Do you have some inside knowledge about the political views of renters in Fairfax and how many attended town meeting and filled out a survey? You seem very sure of your nonsensical statement.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : March 13, 2017, 12:43:51 PM »

84 registered voters were at town meeting and 96 took the survey.

So I guess you don't even need to be a registered voter in this survey...

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : March 13, 2017, 01:16:44 PM »

To t he best of my knowledge, they are usually left on a table and anybody wanting to take the survey can,  I suspect some of our students might have taken it.

Henry Raymond
Barbara
: 270

« #5 : March 16, 2017, 01:12:47 PM »

The survey is available for residents to fill out at Tuesday's Australian ballot as well as at Saturday's Town meeting. There were only a handful filled out from Saturday so most were voters casting their ballots.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: