Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:49:34 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fairfax Community Center...Needs your Help!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Community Center...Needs your Help!  ( 3216 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : February 15, 2017, 01:25:59 PM »

IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING...

Did you go to the Fall Rummage Sale that the Ladies of the Church run?  Did you have fun at the Haunted House?  Did your children make Christmas Ornaments and ride the hay wagon at the Christmas Tree Lighting? Or perhaps you ate breakfast at the Hunter’s Breakfast and enjoyed pie and ice cream at the Pie and Ice Cream Social.

And did you wonder about that lovely old building with the 4 columns set back from the road, that building that hosted all these events?

That building, once a Baptist Church, is one of the oldest structures in Fairfax.  That building, graciously donated to the Town by the United Church of Fairfax, will one day be our much needed Fairfax Community Center.

You may not know that there are several groups now working to make that vision a reality.  Many people are working to write grants, plan the progress of the building restoration develop a capital campaign, and move forward so that the vision becomes a reality.

Perhaps you have skills that you could share with these various groups.  You might have skills that would help with the restoration of the building.  If you have questions or would like to share your time and talents, please feel free to contact Colin Santee at:  colin-recreation@Fairfax-vt.gov
or Susannah Chamberlain at:  spn1945@gmail.com

We would be happy to have you join us making the vision a reality
: [1]  
« previous next »
: