Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:46:42 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier (2017) week 6
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier (2017) week 6  ( 2279 )
Barbara
: 270

« : February 10, 2017, 02:15:07 PM »

There were few bills presented for Floor action this week. Much of the work is being done in the committee rooms. The work done by the committees allows the 150 Representatives a means of processing the numerous bills introduced each session.  As the date has now passed for new bills to be drafted the pace is changing to the detailed work of taking testimony.
Projects that the Transportation took testimony on this week include a few different transit modes. A joint meeting was held with the Senate committee on the Middlebury Bridge and Rail project. The project has a long history of development and has evolved to a plan that is forging ahead with strong communication between the Agency and Town. The executive director of VAST testified to the House Transportation committee on the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail. At 93 miles long when completed, the trail will be the longest rail trail in New England and traverse the state from St. Johnsbury to Swanton. VAST and the Agency are collaborating on the continued work needed to link and complete the sections. The Exit 16 Diverging Diamond project was described by the AOT project manager to the committee. This is a roadway design that reduces the potential traffic collision points, while easing the access to I89 in Colchester.
Fairfax was well represented by a team from BFA at the Wednesday afternoon Farm to School event in the State House cafeteria.  Two students spoke on the ambitious plans the BFA club has for the future and accepted an implementation grant from the Secretary of the Agency of Agriculture at the ceremony. Fairfax Boy Scout Troop 853 had two young men identified by the House resolution recognizing the 2016 class of Eagle scouts. It was an honor to meet with one who was present with his family.
Please contact me at bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us 802-849-6545 or by mail at 7 Lily Rd and the Sergeant at Arms office in the State House will pass on queries as well.
« : February 10, 2017, 04:34:46 PM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: