Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:57:18 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier week 5 (17)
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier week 5 (17)  ( 2241 )
Barbara
: 270

« : February 03, 2017, 02:55:03 PM »

Floor business overran Transportation Committee time this week. Today’s discussion and votes on amendments were on the Senate bill (S1); the intent of which is to extend the date for pre-K students to be counted. An accurate count allows the proper funding for students in our pre-K program. Amendments were offered that added the change in date for our school budget votes, one for immediate affect and another for FY19 forward. The proposed May date for a School District’s vote could cause the violation of contractual deadlines and does not address the voters request for tax relief. As I stated on the House Floor, “The Fairfax per pupil ratios are already at the levels that if were emulated by all districts, the budgetary goal would be met for the state”. 

Wednesday’s Floor action consumed the full afternoon and ran into the evening. The extended discussion and roll call votes were on a Resolution related to the election for the House of Representatives for the Orange-1 District. Strong opinions were held and discussed on both sides of the question as to whether action by the House is warranted. The outcome of the debate was for a recount to be performed with rules and procedures that will be endorsed by the House.

The Transportation committee heard from several divisions of the Agency. The FY18 budget and supporting language have begun to be examined by the committee. The status of programs in the FY17 budget is also being reviewed.

Please contact me at bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us, 802-849-6545, or by mail at 7 Lily Rd and the Sergeant at Arms office in the State House will pass on queries as well.

« : February 04, 2017, 03:39:01 PM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: