Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:23:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier (2017) week 3
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier (2017) week 3  ( 2370 )
Barbara
: 270

« : January 20, 2017, 02:44:53 PM »

On Tuesday the State Treasurer gave a short presentation at the Party caucuses on the Clean Water Report, required by Act 64. The Report will guide the State’s response to the EPA’s “pollution budget” placed on 94% of Vermont. A more targeted explanation of a few of the details as they affect the Transportation budget was covered in Committee on Thursday morning. The nutshell report is a two year “glide plan” has been identified that will not request new taxes and fees for support, while the long term fun ding plan is developed.

Managers from the Agency of Transportation made presentations to the Committee throughout the week. Overviews of the Rail, Aviation and Public Transit programs shared highlights from last year and updates on current goals. Vermont Local Roads is a resource that provides help and workshops for our municipal road crews.  Vermont’s roads and bridges are seen as a capital asset and the maintenance costs are important as part of that investment.

The Franklin County delegation met at lunch on Thursday to hear from law enforcement representatives on the State Laboratory and how it can support local agencies in the opioid crisis. The Executive Director for Vermont Parent Representation Center, Inc. was also present and spoke of the challenge of the high child custody rates in Franklin County. The statistic shared was that with one third the population of Chittenden, Franklin County has thirty percent more children in state custody.

A Committee vote was taken to support the changes to the Transportation FY17 budget in the Budget Adjustment Act. One time revenues, identified from payments for ROW or actual property sale were allocated to cover a portion of the reductions in the January forecast. The balance of $2.5 million needed will be determined by year end, which allows the Agency to avoid having to impose immediate delays to projects.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: