Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:13:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  The Fairfax Selectboard Assistant
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Fairfax Selectboard Assistant  ( 4641 )
Pete King
: 6

« : October 30, 2016, 01:16:57 PM »

I recently heard that the Fairfax Selectboard Assistant has tender her resignation. The word is that she is vacating her position sometime in November.

Since this Town does not have a Town Administrator, the Selectboard Assistant is an very important entity for the support of the Town's part time Selectboard.

Hopefully, the Selectboard will advertise this open position and hire someone who has had experience with this type of supporting activity.

Any Thoughts?
johnmitchell
: 62

« #1 : October 31, 2016, 07:56:46 AM »

In my opinion, having served on the Select Board, it is time for Fairfax to have a town manager to administer activities within town government.  We have become too large for a part time select board to do those things necessary in administering an efficient government.  With all due respect to those members of the board, they simply do not have enough time to be able to do many of those things important to the residents.  I think we, as a town, should pursue this path.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : October 31, 2016, 11:44:39 AM »

I completely agree John. Our Select board is a good group but overtaxed with work. It is time for a Town Administrator/Manager.
« : November 01, 2016, 09:57:27 AM mkr »

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mrs.freddie
: 40

« #3 : November 01, 2016, 09:55:35 AM »

I agree with all 3 of you, and as you've stated, and there is definitely is a need for a qualified, full-time employee to oversee Town administration, and provide enough support for the Select Board.  The administrative work leading up to, and implementing, Act 148 in Fairfax alone was a huge workload for one part-time employee. 

I would support the hiring of an experienced Town Manager, because as @johnmitchell stated, we have become too large of an entity for a part-time person to provide enough oversight for effective town administration.

I suggest a job posting on larger sites like indeed.com, in addition to FPF and local advertising. 

And a thank you to Stacy Wells for her service to the Town! 
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : November 01, 2016, 06:54:10 PM »

I have to agree on the Town Manager item.  Things are just getting more and more complicated and on top of doing the job, the Selectboard needs to be educated on many things.  They have done a great job, but the time has come for Fairfax to have a Town Manager.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: