Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:38:39 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Lost & Found Animals
| | |-+  White dove
« previous next »
: [1]
: White dove  ( 5776 )
Susanvt
: 8

« : July 27, 2016, 08:40:27 AM »

Hi Everyone,

A white dove has been hanging around my yard since Thursday.  My assumption is she was part of a release for a Wedding/funeral or else someone's pet at one point.  She's not afraid of people and I was able to feed her out of my hand a couple of times this morning.  She doesn't have a band on her foot, which I assume she would as part of a release (I think the doves would normally return to their roost for those?).  My husband put up a platform for her and we're using that as a temporary feeding station, but it's only a matter of time before a hawk picks her off.  Has anyone heard of someone missing a dove?  I know it's a long shot, but figured I'd ask...

Thanks,

Susan
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : July 27, 2016, 11:30:56 AM »

Contact the Funeral Home and they know how to reach the guy that releases the Doves just to make sure she isn't one of his.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Susanvt
: 8

« #2 : July 29, 2016, 06:27:00 AM »

I contacted the funeral home and got in touch with the man who releases doves for them.  It wasnt one if his but he took her off my hands.  She wont turn into hawk bait now.  Thank you!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : July 29, 2016, 10:21:25 AM »

That is great news! The Dove will be well cared for too! :-) ~Mary Kay 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: