Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:49:06 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  New Candidate For Fairfax House Seat
« previous next »
: [1]
: New Candidate For Fairfax House Seat  ( 2305 )
Mary Beerworth
: 7

Thank-you voters!

« : July 16, 2016, 10:31:02 AM »

Just a note to let readers know that I have qualified to have my name, Mary Beerworth, placed on the Republican Primary ballot and hope to represent the voters of the Town of Fairfax in the Vermont House of Representatives because, quite simply, I believe that our State is headed in the wrong direction.

I look forward to meeting with neighbors and friends over the few months to discover more about the concerns facing our town and state.  I hope you will all feel free to contact me anytime.  Below is some background information and some of the reasons why I decided to run for office.

I was born and raised in Jericho, Vermont, graduated from Mount Mansfield Union High School and attended Trinity College in Burlington.  I left college to manage our family-owned natural foods store in South Burlington.  Later, my husband Steve and I moved to Troy, VT and I juggled working at the Jay Peak Ski Resort while raising our three sons and one daughter.  They all graduated from college and are all married.  Because my husband, Steve, worked as both a building sales representative and a building contractor in the Franklin County area, when we chose to move closer to his work, we chose the Town of Fairfax.

In 1996, I was offered the position of Executive Director of the non-profit organization, Vermont Right to Life, a position which has taken me all over Vermont promoting respect for human life.  For 20  years, I have daily attended each legislative session, have worked to promote pro-life and pro-family legislation,have provided expert testimony to committees of both the House and Senate and I know and understand the legislative process.

Sadly, over the past six years I have also witnessed the Legislature ignoring the serious issues facing the average Vermonter who has been sending the clear message that we must address the burdens on taxpayers, families and businesses.  We are fortunate that all nine of our grandchildren live in Vermont, and it is the hope for their future that has inspired me to fun for office.

If you are a voter in the Town of Fairfax and understand the need for a strong economy, the need to support and strengthen families and want strong leadership, please cast your vote on Tuesday, August 9th for Mary Beerworth. I can be reached at Beerworth05454@gmail.com

: [1]  
« previous next »
: