Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:49:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier Week 14
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier Week 14  ( 2119 )
Barbara
: 270

« : April 15, 2016, 11:58:56 AM »

The BFA Fairfax students who visited the State House Tuesday and Wednesday were wonderful ambassadors.  Several members of the General Assembly offered positive feedback after being interviewed. It was my pleasure to introduce the group on the floor Tuesday, and to have a few beside me Wednesday, to receive an award on behalf of Fairfax Rescue. The Rescue Squad’s request was selected for a Human Services & Education Grant Program within the Building Communities Grant Program. We accepted the mock $6000 check from Commissioner Obuchowski for the purchase of a Stryker Power Cot at the late morning ceremony.
H.870, an act relating to telecommunications was introduced for discussion Tuesday and was given a final vote of approval on Wednesday. This bill had multiple amendments proposed during the floor and generated passionate appeal for access to this utility statewide.  Stone Environmental prepared a summary dated April 11, 2016 that identifies 41% of buildings in Fairfax are served with Broadband (as defined to be 4/1 or higher). A portion of buildings in Fairfax, 428, may be eligible for Fairpoint’s Connect America Fund for greater connectivity upgrade.
The Transportation committee completed work on S225, an act relating to miscellaneous changes to laws related to motor vehicles. The last section settled was subject to a great deal of testimony and debate. It was in regards to permitting saliva testing by law enforcement officers on drivers suspected of drugged driving. Language was drafted that the whole committee could support.
« : April 15, 2016, 12:03:24 PM Barbara »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: