Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:30:09 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Upcoming Genealogy Classes for April
« previous next »
: [1]
: Upcoming Genealogy Classes for April  ( 2512 )
rwing180
: 98

« : April 13, 2016, 05:01:39 PM »

Identifying Your Ancestors Using the FAN Principle       April 16, 2016

Our family trees can contain hard to find ancestors, or those who are hard to separate from people with similar names. Since we need to establish that this is actually our person resolving these cases often involves the use of resources beyond censuses & vital records. One approach is the FAN Principle (Family - Associates - Neighbors), which is also known as 'Cluster Research.' Joanne Polanshek will discuss the basic technique involved, the types of sources to locate and some case studies employing the FAN Principle.

Nosorigines.qc.ca- A Database of French-Canadians       April 30, 2016

Nos Origines has genealogical information on approximately 1 million people with Canadian and French ancestry. Our speakers will discuss its features and value based on their years of experience using it, and how to add to its records. User entries submitted to NosOrigines.com are all verified, insuring a high degree of accuracy. The site is free and is available in French and English. Information in the database includes name, occupation, date and location of birth, baptisms, marriages and burials.

Classes at the Vermont Genealogy Library are $5.00 and run from 10:30 to noon.  The library is located on Hegeman Ave, Fort Ethan Allen, Colchester.  Parking and entrance are across from the State Police Building. Visit our website www.vtgenlib.org or call 802-310-9285 for more details.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: