Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:38:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Genealogy Classes - March 5 & March 12
« previous next »
: [1]
: Genealogy Classes - March 5 & March 12  ( 2645 )
rwing180
: 98

« : March 02, 2016, 11:01:12 AM »

Here are a couple of genealogy classes available during the month of March:

More Options for Finding Online Newspaper Articles       March 5, 2016 Jason Smiley

Few sources can reveal the details of our ancestors' lives like newspaper articles. Today we can search some with an online subscription. But which website do we choose? What papers do they cover? What do they cost? In this talk Jason Smiley will cover five of the best: Newspapers.com, NewspaperArchive.com, FultonHistory.com, Chronicling America, and GenealogyBank.

History of the Abenaki and their French Allies    March 12, 2016     Jeanne Brink

Vermonters with early ancestral roots in the state may be familiar with research techniques for Yankee or Quebecois history but they can be stumped when encountering Native American ancestry. Jeanne Brink will discuss the history of the Abenaki and their relationship with their French allies. She will also talk about the Abenaki of the twenty-first century and their efforts to preserve their culture, traditions, and language.

Classes at the Vermont Genealogy Library are $5.00 and run from 10:30 to noon.  The library is located on Hegeman Ave, Fort Ethan Allen, Colchester.  Parking and entrance are across from the State Police Building. Visit our website www.vtgenlib.org or call 802-310-9285 for more details.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: