Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:21:24 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  2016 Week 1 in Montpelier
« previous next »
: [1]
: 2016 Week 1 in Montpelier  ( 3839 )
Barbara
: 270

« : January 09, 2016, 02:10:48 PM »

January 5 to 8th, 2016
As I re-entered the Statehouse Tuesday I felt the same privilege and awe as last year, but with a bit more familiarity. A few new bills have been introduced that pertain to Transportation from both the House and Senate. No testimony has been taken on the House side for any of them yet. Several Concurrent Resolutions were introduced, including HCR 189 honoring former Fletcher Town Clerk and Treasurer Elaine Sweet.  
Senate bill S233 was introduced to repeal the spending caps in Act 46, last years education bill.  The Governor gave this an endorsement in his State of the State address but there is strong push back from the House Committee on Education. The Senate took action Wednesday to suspend Senator McAllister which diminishes Franklin county's  representation by half. The Franklin County legislative delegation is strongly committed to doing what is best for Franklin County and her citizens. 
Rep Barbara Murphy
johnmitchell
: 62

« #1 : January 12, 2016, 09:56:09 AM »

Barbara,  I realize how difficult it is to make one's opinion known in the State House.  However, I do hope that legislators do finally come to the conclusion that we can no longer support 4%-5% budget increases year after year when our economy chugs along at 2% growth.  We need to cut programs and spend within our means.  I hope it goes well for you and our state during this session Barbara.  Just remember NO NEW TAXES OR FEES!  John Mitchell
Barbara
: 270

« #2 : January 25, 2016, 01:13:42 PM »

Thank you John. It isn't so much that getting your opinion known is difficult, as that getting others to agree is the challenge.
I have posted the second and third week "reports" on the Town website and invite everyone to read the brief note there each
week and also contact me any time at bmurphy@leg.state.vt.us or 802-849-6545 with your thoughts.
If you are in the State House, do have a page bring me a note so we can connect.
Rep Barbara Murphy
: [1]  
« previous next »
: