Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:00:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Meow Meow 2 !!!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Meow Meow 2 !!!!  ( 2767 )
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« : October 26, 2015, 02:29:27 PM »

The Broken Lizard comedy troupe has begun production “Super Troopers 2,” six months after raising $4.4 million in a crowdfunding campaign for the sequel.

The campaign had been the second-most successful crowdfunding campaign for a movie. It was funded through  Indiegogo with over 50,000 contributors and raised  77% of the $5.7 million record for crowdfunding for a film, set by the “Veronica Mars” movie on Kickstarter in 2013.

Perks offered as incentives that were sold on the first day included a producer title for $10,000, a speaking actor role for $10,000, a trip to the ballpark with the main actors for $15,000 and the patrol car to be used in the filming for $35,000.

“Super Troopers 2” met the initial goal of $2 million in 26 hours. Fox Searchlight agreed to release the sequel if the $2 million goal was met.

“Super Troopers 2” reunites all five Troopers from the original film — Jay Chandrasekhar, Kevin Heffernan, Steve Lemme, Paul Soter and Erik Stolhanske. The quintet play goofy Vermont state troopers with a penchant for pranks and feuding with other local law enforcement officers.

“Super Troopers” was made for $1.2 million and acquired by Fox Searchlight at the 2001 Sundance Film Festival. It grossed $23 million worldwide.

Broken Lizard also made 2004’s “Club Dread” and 2006’s “Beerfest,” which grossed $20 million. The troupe performed in “Broken Lizard Stand Up” for Comedy Central in 2010.

Stolhanske shared a photo on Instagram from the set with Heffernan as production got underway.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: