Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:17 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Smuggs Is Closed Due To Tractor Trailer
« previous next »
: [1]
: Smuggs Is Closed Due To Tractor Trailer  ( 5278 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 18, 2015, 03:51:22 PM »

A tractor-trailer is stuck, near the top of Smugglers' Notch, on Vermont Route 108 between Stowe and Cambridge.  Troopers are on-scene and working to alleviate traffic, but the road is currently blocked and impassable.

Motorists will need to find alternate routes for the time being.  Updates to follow when available.

Vermont Department of Public Safety | Vermont State Police

« : August 18, 2015, 04:36:38 PM mkr »

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : August 20, 2015, 09:54:31 PM »

Eventually they'll figure out they need better signage! I can't believe they haven't already. :(

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
trussell
: 870

« #2 : August 21, 2015, 10:59:03 AM »

Signage isn't the answer.  There are signs.  and lights.  You just can't fix stupid....

Unless there is something or someone to physically stop vehicles that can't maneuver, you're always going to have the people that think they can make it.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
khort
: 149

« #3 : August 21, 2015, 12:42:11 PM »

Because their GPS told them to go that way!.....What I've heard from people that have had to tow people out of there in the winter after they have driven around the road closed gate! Common sense people!
al brodeur
: 216

« #4 : August 21, 2015, 05:49:58 PM »

GPS== God protected stupidity
mirjo
: 785

« #5 : August 22, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »

I've seen the rather small signs on the Stowe side, say what you will, but it seems a Very Large sign at the base of the hill is in order. I don't know what's on the Jeff side, but once a truck starts up, it's almost too late.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: