Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:12:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Resignation??
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Resignation??  ( 5048 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 28, 2007, 04:50:45 PM »

Click on the following link for news of a resignation:

[/b]

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : September 04, 2007, 11:24:29 AM »

Say It Ain't So !
Carol Lizotte resigned from her position as Director of
Fairfax Parks & Recreation at the Fairfax Selectboard
meeting Monday evening.
Carol did a tremendous job and will certainly be missed.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : September 08, 2007, 08:35:37 AM »

Hi All,

Carol Lizotte's letter of resignation is printed in the Letters To The Editor section of The September Fairfax News.  That is the only place I have seen it, but she wrote a very nice letter and gave her reasons for resigning.  Chris also mentioned in his Fairfax News the little sign that occurs from time to time at a local business with 5 cents off per gallon of gas for that day.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : September 08, 2007, 10:10:24 AM »

Here's Carol's letter from The Fairfax News
September 2007 issue page 2:

Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department
P.O. Box 27
Fairfax VT 05454

August 26, 2007

Select Board
Town of Fairfax
P.O. Box 27
Fairfax VT 05454

Greetings,

It is with great regret that I am submitting a letter of resignation for the Fairfax Parks & Recreation Director position.  Having been completely vested in the park and path construction, organizing and fundraising for that, and the subsequent developments of the Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department for the past eight years, this has been a hard decision to come to.

As of mid August, my other part time job has become full time with greater responsibility and time demands, such that I am required to cut back on my commitments.  As I am working full time now, I will be less available for the Parks & Recreation Director duties, which being flexible part-time position, isn’t as conducive to a typical two-week notice.  I would like to provide a candidate for immediate placement as “Interim Parks and Recreation Director” (see attached letter) and who I can guide through duties needing to be addressed over the next four weeks.  I’m available over the next couple months to help train, consult and provide any electronic files and resources needed for this interim director as well as for the new director once hired.

I feel the Fairfax Community Park and Recreation Path Project has been a tremendous community project and I am grateful to have been in the right place and time to be a part of this project.  The development of the Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department is something else I am proud to have been a part of, in it’s conceptualization and realization.  For me this has been such a tremendous personal experience and I am appreciative to the Fairfax community for it.

Thank you all for your support and I will miss you all,

Carol Lizotte
Fairfax Parks & Recreation Director

Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department
 (802) 827-9723 or cal100@educert.com

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]