Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:24:03 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Country Pantry
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Country Pantry  ( 16768 )
lena6
: 357

« #15 : August 05, 2015, 07:44:45 AM »

I agree with Justine.  By the way, how are you guys?
mirjo
: 785

« #16 : August 10, 2015, 11:07:10 PM »

It didn't fail with the first restaurant-owner Jack Foley of 158 Main in Jeff-he stated that he left because the rent was too high during the off season and the landlord was unwilling to negotiate to keep him there. I didn't speak to him myself directly, but I know the person he said that to. What I do know is there have been about a half dozen other people in there since trying to make it happen and they all fold within a year or so--not because they aren't getting any business--because they always do, but because ?? (maybe the rent is too high??)

I'm sorry, but I see no need to hold that building hostage, when the residents want a restaurant and people have come here in good faith to provide one--repeatedly and it has been proven that a restaurant can succeed and be profitable there....so I wonder what the ulterior motive really is?? To let it repeatedly fail, then sit empty until it's an eyesore so it can be torn down for condos?

The rumor last winter was that Sam had "won" his building back in some suit and was going to reopen. I don't know where that all started, but it hasn't exactly happened...according to Lena, Gabe still owns it, so....??

We don't need any chains, that I can't agree with. There are far too many already.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
lena6
: 357

« #17 : August 11, 2015, 08:45:55 AM »

Heard from a good source that Linda will be opening it.  Have never been to Linda's in St. Albans but have heard nothing but good things about it.  Jim and I put our heart and soul  in it when we built it.  I knew nothing about running a restaurant and then Sam dropped in.  It can be a successful restaurant if only Gabe would help.  I don't think Mr Handy gives2 ****s about our town.  All he sees are dollar signs.  And please do not say he is a business man.  My husband was one and he never put the screws to any one.  But then again, he is one of a kind.
mirjo
: 785

« #18 : August 16, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »

I also heard that Linda (?) of Linda's in St. Albans will be opening it and this IS good news. She has good food, a good name, and people who travel to go to her place. Gabe unfortunately, has no interest in keeping a restaurant there--if he did, he would have kept Jack Foley instead of letting him leave and starting the the round robin succession that has followed. His only interest is in how much $$ he can line his own pockets with, not what the residents would like or benefit from. I know there are some who disagree with this view of Mr. Handy, but I see no other way to view it. He doesn't care about the town, because he doesn't live in it Though he did attempt some type of philanthropy with the rescue squad and the new building a few years ago--however, not sure that actually went according to his grand plan, though it did work out  fairly decently for rescue.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: