Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:30:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  John Severance Leaves Many Relatives Here In The Local Area
« previous next »
: [1]
: John Severance Leaves Many Relatives Here In The Local Area  ( 2489 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 13, 2015, 06:20:19 AM »

SHELDON – John E. Severance, age 71, passed away suddenly on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 surrounded by his loving family at the University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington.

He was born in Sheldon on October 24, 1943 to the late Clarence & Ryllis (Chamberlain) Severance.

John graduated from B.F.A. St. Albans class of 1961. Throughout most of his career he worked for Eveready, retiring in 1997. He married Betty Barkyoumb on August 12, 1967. John enjoyed his retirement and became a master gardener; his gardens were some of the biggest around! He was a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association and the American Legion Post #88 in Sheldon Springs. John enjoyed most of his roles throughout life but he loved being “Papa” the most.

He leaves behind his wife of 48 years, Betty Severance of Sheldon; 2 sons, Keven Severance and his wife Robin of Wesport, NY and Jeffrey Severance and his wife Amy of Enosburgh; grandchildren, Amanda, Lacey, Haley, Mathew, Brianna & Megan; 2 brothers, George “Bubby” Severance and his wife Nancy of Mesa, AZ and Raymond Severance and his wife Yvette of Sheldon; an aunt, Janet Lumbra and her husband Reuben of Milo, ME; siblings-in-law, Mary Severance of Jeffersonville, Janet & Roger Yandow of Essex, Frank & Carol Barkyoumb of Westford, Gloria & Ray Ledoux of Fairfax, Sandy Cutting of Fairfax, Linda & Richard Mathieu of Westford, Kenneth Barkyoumb and his fiancé Sally of Bolton, Brenda & Ike Irish of Fairfax, Debbie & Mark Irish of Fairfax and Susan & Douglas Corse of Fairfax and several nieces, nephews & cousins. Besides his parents, John was predeceased by a brother, Bernard Severance; a brother-in-law, Ron Cutting and aunt & uncles, George & Thelma Stebbins and Lila & Clelan Jones.

A Memorial service will be held Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 1:00 PM at Spears Funeral Home, 96 Dickinson Ave., Enosburg Falls with pastor Jon Gorton officiating.

A time of visitation will be held on Saturday at the funeral home from 12:00 PM until the hour of the service.

For those who wish, contributions in John’s memory may be made to Sheldon Volunteer Fire Department, 479 Mill St., Sheldon Springs, VT 05483 or a charity of your choice.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: