Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:38:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Tales Of Our Community
| | |-+  Looking For Information On This House
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looking For Information On This House  ( 13761 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 15, 2015, 09:13:36 PM »

Dear Sir:

I was wondering if perhaps you recognized this house as belonging to Fairfax Village.  This was in some of my grandmother's effects, and since she grew up in Fairfax, I thought perhaps this was a village home.

It's actually a photo postcard, but there is no writing on the back.  I imagine it's turn of the century.  My grandmother was Fern Hunt and her mother was Ida May (Field) Hunt.  They lived across the street from the church converted to a grocery store, in a house that had old yellow siding on it when I drove by a few years ago.  My grandmother married Earle Gates in 1912 and Ida went with her to Cambridge, Vt.

Thank you for your time and assistance,

My e-mail is rswieferich@gmail.com.

Regards,
Susan Gates Wieferich
One South St., Freeport, Maine 04032

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : July 17, 2016, 09:42:32 PM »

Very interesting picture. At first glance, I thought it was the old BFA in the background. It's not. It is a house. That has to be on Main Hill, though. Clarice Shepardson's old house with the Gates' place in the background?

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: