Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:56:34 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  3 SD Ireland Trucks Pouring Cement At Hse across From Mildred Warren
« previous next »
: [1]
: 3 SD Ireland Trucks Pouring Cement At Hse across From Mildred Warren  ( 4114 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 26, 2015, 12:58:24 PM »

Guessing the wall must have failed.  Used to be George & Nellie Rooney's house, then belonged to Jim & Alberta Rooney when it burned.  Jim Webb bought the lot & put the existing house up.  Not sure how high the wall was, but was at least double the height of a normal wall to bring the house up level with the road.  Conversations back then from onlookers questioned how long the wall would stay up.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : February 26, 2015, 06:44:06 PM »

Pouring concrete on frozen ground in cold temps?

If that is the case, THIS wall will not stay up long.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : February 26, 2015, 11:19:40 PM »

The house that was there before this one, I believe was one of the original houses on Mill Street.  It was an old 3- Story house with a screened in porch that went right to the edge of the road.  I had been told the house was sliding, however not sure how much truth in the story.  I don't know the owner & nobody appears to have lived there for some time.  We old native Vermonters have nothing better to do than talk about the weather & keep track of all the little changes that occur in the neighborhood.  Tried many times to get a photo of the original house, but it's location made it very difficult to photograph much more than the front porch & Nellie's flower boxes with geraniums.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: