Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:00:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Montpelier Update
« previous next »
: [1]
: Montpelier Update  ( 4573 )
Barbara
: 270

« : February 02, 2015, 07:59:58 AM »

The mention of 104A in my prior stream was ironic as I had researched its status in the highway projects book. It is not there.  As my committee members will attest, I have made a bit of a pest of myself on this topic.  Although all evidence is in that it has been properly identified as a road in need, the main holdup I can find is that the traffic load is considered moderate to low.  When considered against all the other candidate roads it doesn't make the cut.  Not being in 'the book', means it is at least 6 to 8 years away from being done.  In the next few weeks the roads identified to be "level coated" with the money in the line item for paving will be identified.  There is hope that 104A will at least make the list and the ride will smooth out for a few years.  This is a bandaid approach rather than a solution to the condition of the road but with the need spread across not only the county but the state, sometimes you have to accept what is doable rather than what is needed.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : February 02, 2015, 12:59:28 PM »

What about that bridge?? I think that is more of a concern than the road surface. Granted the traffic may be moderate to slow, but that doesn't make the bridge more safe!!! I wouldn't want to watch to 18 wheelers trying to cross it at once!
Barbara
: 270

« #2 : February 15, 2015, 07:51:30 PM »

The main piece of work that was completed this week in the House was the Fee Bill.  The Ways and Means committee had taken testimony from representatives of many of the affected businesses.  Discussion ensued on the floor as to the range of increases and one ammendment was offered that would curtail the increase to an approximate max 10%.  This ammendment failed but an ammendment to adjust the fees that applied to small restaurants passed.  The whole bill passed by voice vote, but it was not unanimous. Please come join the Franklin County delegation at the Fairfax firehouse next Saturday, the 21st at 9 AM, remember to park to the right of the building, not in front of the bay doors. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: