Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:05:45 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Reporting from Montpelier
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Reporting from Montpelier  ( 13365 )
rogers9993
: 30

« #15 : January 26, 2015, 10:49:16 PM »

http://legislature.vermont.gov/bill/status/2016/J.R.H.1
« : January 27, 2015, 08:46:38 AM Henry »
RidgeRunner
: 73

« #16 : January 27, 2015, 12:06:57 AM »

I think more townspeople should read the language before agreeing with Barbara's vote, and also understand that a resolution is not a piece of legislation, it is formal way of asserting a position, not enacting a law. Holding elected officials to account when they impact your livelihood is a just common sense. To stick to dogma on an issue you have not read up on belongs to the Fox Channel.
So I read it and still believe that the union is trying to use the legislature as a bargaining tool.  If the wording in this document was turned around, would you feel the same way? If your answer is no than the proposal was biased, it's not governments place to negotiate for Union members, it's the Unions job.  Do I think fair point has been reasonable in their negotiations, probably not but then again this is also a company that filed for bankruptcy five years ago. Maybe they can't afford what the unions are asking for....
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #17 : January 27, 2015, 09:29:44 AM »

I agree with Ridgerunner. As I feel for all those who work for Fairpoint. Your Union is who negotiates your contracts.

If this is how you think you should speak to people, then I feel sad for you Mike. She is not the reason they are not working, the Union and the business FairPoint is....
"You were not asked to use public dollars, you were not asked to spend a dime, only to encourage a private company to negotiate fairly with its employees. If that task is too difficult for you comprehend, I dare say 104A will be a dirt road with you on the transportation committee. If the school kids go to visit you in Montpelier, I hope you can tell the 25 Fairpoint workers kids from Fairfax why you don't support their mommies and daddies getting a fair contract. "

« : January 27, 2015, 09:33:51 AM mkr »

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: