Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:42:08 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Fund Raisers
| | |-+  PHPG and Micro Loans Support Women and Families.
« previous next »
: [1]
: PHPG and Micro Loans Support Women and Families.  ( 4235 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : December 21, 2014, 07:18:39 AM »

About 5 years ago, Isabel Gamm Tuck and her now husband Alex Tuck, decided they wanted to use their gifts and graces to help lift people out of extreme poverty, and so People Helping People Global was born. ( Isabel is a BFA graduate and her family has lived in Fairfax for over 20 years). They two decided to begin a zero interest micro-lending organization.  What began as two young people engaging extremely poor but interested and hardworking entrepreneurs  in micro lending has grown into an organization with programs in over 21 different communities in Nicaragua.  They have issued over 625 loans ( $125 each) and they have a repayment rate of over 90%.  Most of the recipients are women--80%. 
Education in economics, sales, and money management are part of the loan process.  Since many people in the developing world--again, mostly women--support their families by running small businesses out of their homes, these loans remove middlemen, and make it easier for the recipients to expand their small businesses without debt.
Your gift of $125 would immediately be turned into a loan for someone.  Any small gift would help build a loan.  You can send your contribution to PHPG to PHPG 89 Evergreen Road, Fairfax VT 05454.
And somewhere a woman and her family will be moving out of extreme poverty because of your support.  And thank you from all of us at PHPG here and in Nicaragua.
« : December 21, 2014, 05:36:04 PM Rev. Elizabeth »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: