Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:40:37 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Bellows Free Academy
| |-+  Upcoming School Events
| | |-+  FWSU bus bids
« previous next »
: [1]
: FWSU bus bids  ( 8147 )
Barbara
: 270

« : December 19, 2014, 11:53:06 AM »

As required by state statute our Supervisory Union is assessing the cost of transportation.  It is now the duty of this office to provide students within the district with transportation.  Fairfax is currently operating under a waiver to continue to own the fleet but has been informed that the waiver is for this year only.  When the bids from contracting bus services are opened, they will be balanced against the current systems cost, with Fletcher and Georgia using contracted services (including purchasing some from Fairfax!) and Fairfax's bussing costs.  There is also an efficiency component to be considered, which is more subjective.  On January 8, 2015, FWSU has a scheduled board meeting and I encourage anyone interested in this topic to attend; I will be unable.  As more of the services provided to our students are consolidated in the district model, people need to think of connecting with the district board and its meetings. 
ohhman
: 469

« #1 : December 19, 2014, 12:57:57 PM »

I will BUMP this days before so we all remember. Thanks Barb!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : December 20, 2014, 05:56:08 AM »

Barb, this is a very important meeting & I copied & pasted your post under upcoming events to try & make sure everyone is aware

Henry Raymond
ohhman
: 469

« #3 : December 22, 2014, 08:22:50 AM »

WE ALL NEED TO REMEMBER & ATTEND THIS MEETING!!!   It maybe easier to write 1 check to a contracted service that will give us a good deal the 1st year or 2 BUT then what will happen??? Remember, also considered is the "EFFICIENT" part of this; a neighboring contracted service that other schools may use are part of BIG operations; is that what we really want?? It will be something we no longer have any control over.  PLUS, we just bought a NEW bus yet our SU office stated our entire fleet is worth only about 90k?? ATTEND this meeting PLEASE!!!!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: