Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:24:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Accident on 128
« previous next »
: [1]
: Accident on 128  ( 5114 )
GamingWeasel
: 184

« : October 17, 2014, 11:37:06 PM »

I was going down 128 about 4:30PM on Friday, and passed what looked to be a very serious accident. A few emergency personnel were on the scene, and more were arriving as I continued down the road. One car was completely off the road and looked severely damaged, as if it had pulled out in front of a fast-moving vehicle and was broad-sided, and knocked off the road. Anybody have more info on this?

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : October 18, 2014, 03:32:30 AM »

Where abouts on 128.  Travelled that road since 1953, 43 years going to work.  Got sideswiped once on my way to work.

Henry Raymond
GreytJB
: 22

« #2 : October 18, 2014, 12:07:34 PM »

I drove by the accident before the emergency responders had arrived, maybe 10 minutes earlier.  There was a lot of debris on the road, and looked to be a number of cars involved (or maybe pulled over to help).  It was just south of Rovers North on the east side of the road.
Counselor
: 55

« #3 : October 18, 2014, 05:28:05 PM »

With all of the work they have done the past two years, they have inadvertently turned 128 into a raceway. Cars pass WAY too fast including in terrible driving conditions.  I used to travel it every day and now mostly avoid it, choosing the slower, bumpier and safer Woods Hollow Road on my way to work. I will see what it is like when the snow flies, but I have a feeling it wont be much better. Gone are the days of courteous driving as everyone is in it for themselves.  No one even pays attention anymore to how to navigate a 4 way stop even.  If its clear, GO! never mind if it is not even your turn ...
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #4 : October 23, 2014, 08:29:08 PM »

I find drivers to still be pretty courteous in Vermont in general. Compare it to driving in Massachusetts.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : October 24, 2014, 08:46:36 AM »

Agreed GamingWeasel...MA and CT in the greater Hartford area are not fun trips of mine

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: