Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:09:38 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Chris Santee
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Chris Santee  ( 32426 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : October 13, 2014, 10:36:30 AM »

"Chris Santee is exactly the kind of common sense person we need in Montpelier. 
He is willing to work across party lines to get things done. 
Knowing Chris for many years, I have no doubt whatsoever that he will prove to be an exceptional representative for the citizens of Fairfax.
He is a great family man and a compassionate neighbor. 
However, he also realizes our state must do a better job of restraining excess spending, promoting economic growth and lessening the burden of property taxes. 
I strongly urge you to vote for Chris Santee on November 4th."

Rep. Jim Condon

(D-Colchester)
655-5764

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
kpplus2

« #1 : October 13, 2014, 05:36:12 PM »

2nd that!!

Chris I want you to single handedly tackle, fix, and solve our broken education spending/property taxes issue. I will expect this done in your first month! :)

you got my vote
johnmitchell
: 62

« #2 : October 13, 2014, 08:42:23 PM »

I guess my question would be what does a Colchester Democrat, Jim Condon, have to do with Fairfax???  We are a different community and one needs to realize that  we might not be the same as Colchester!!  I still say VOTE FOR BARBARA!
David Shea
: 471

« #3 : October 13, 2014, 09:24:48 PM »

Chris,

Must be Jim Condos hasn't worked with you!

While acting as Vice Chairman of the selectboard, can you answer why you voted "NO" on changing trash vendors?  Switching vendors from Casella to Duffy's has saved the town of Fairfax in excess of $150,000.00 (estimated 2014) on a $420,000.00 line item 2013.  ( source Town Of Fairfax profit & loss 9/2/14 )

Upon review of the 9/2/2014 Town of Fairfax profit loss statement, the town has spent 97.3% of the budget. Under your leadership as vice chairman, how do you propose to close the budget gap with 4 months left in the fiscal year?

Can you please give some insight regarding your position of Town Library representative as a member of the selectboard during 2012-2013 budget season.  During your time as library rep the position of Librarian became a "full time position".  The balance of the board was blindsided at the 11th hour with a request by the library committee to change the position to full time.  As acting library rep, the planned position change was never reported back to the balance of the selectboard in advance of budgeting for review and discussion.  This one position moving to full time came at a cost of over $10,000.00 to the taxpayers.  Benefits package by itself, at the time alone cost $176.00 per week, plus a salary increase and an extended work week.

I too will be voting for Barbara Murphy, she's the logical voice for Fairfax in Montpelier!

Thanks in advance for your reply
« : October 13, 2014, 09:42:51 PM David Shea »
David Shea

« #4 : October 15, 2014, 06:46:53 AM »

Chris,
I am waiting to hear your reply to my questions.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : October 15, 2014, 08:10:10 AM »

Chris,

Must be Jim Condos hasn't worked with you!

While acting as Vice Chairman of the selectboard, can you answer why you voted "NO" on changing trash vendors?  Switching vendors from Casella to Duffy's has saved the town of Fairfax in excess of $150,000.00 (estimated 2014) on a $420,000.00 line item 2013.  ( source Town Of Fairfax profit & loss 9/2/14 )

Upon review of the 9/2/2014 Town of Fairfax profit loss statement, the town has spent 97.3% of the budget. Under your leadership as vice chairman, how do you propose to close the budget gap with 4 months left in the fiscal year?

Can you please give some insight regarding your position of Town Library representative as a member of the selectboard during 2012-2013 budget season.  During your time as library rep the position of Librarian became a "full time position".  The balance of the board was blindsided at the 11th hour with a request by the library committee to change the position to full time.  As acting library rep, the planned position change was never reported back to the balance of the selectboard in advance of budgeting for review and discussion.  This one position moving to full time came at a cost of over $10,000.00 to the taxpayers.  Benefits package by itself, at the time alone cost $176.00 per week, plus a salary increase and an extended work week.

I too will be voting for Barbara Murphy, she's the logical voice for Fairfax in Montpelier!

Thanks in advance for your reply

Well Chris, if Shea is bashing you and not voting for you then you got my vote!! :)

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #6 : October 15, 2014, 10:06:14 AM »

I have heard not one bit where Chris stands on the current issues at all. 

I like both candidates but need to hear something if you want my vote.  I know he is a family man and where he came from, I also know the same from Barb.  No doubt both good people.

Tell me what YOU will bring to going to Montpelier if you want my vote.

1. What is your position on single payer health care?
2. What are your plans or suggestions to lower or fix our broken property tax issue?
3. What is your position on legalizing marijuana?
« : October 15, 2014, 10:14:53 AM mkr »

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
ohhman
: 469

« #7 : October 15, 2014, 12:02:54 PM »

Can we add what is their position on gun control?
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #8 : October 15, 2014, 12:25:47 PM »

Absolutely. Great question!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Stand Alone Defense

« #9 : October 15, 2014, 12:36:54 PM »

Can we add what is their position on gun control?

AMEN!!! A big ticket item for me

ohhman
: 469

« #10 : October 15, 2014, 01:43:44 PM »

Both good people, both have experience; let's hope we can be civil & keep the comments positive....like I will vote for because.....
Don't tell me crap on one, tell me what each has good to offer
David Shea

« #11 : October 15, 2014, 01:56:39 PM »

Josh Langelier,
I am not bashing Chris Santee, everything that I stated in my questions can be backed up via taped footage of the selectboard minutes or the Fairfax profit loss statement.  Being asked tough questions is part of the game when one is running for politics or is a politician.  As a public servant or candidate for public service it is an understood duty to defend a position to the electorate.

Chris Santee
: 2653

« #12 : October 17, 2014, 07:56:00 AM »

Answers to all I can, and if I don't answer here, please call me at 782-0406.

Gun Control ?
I am a STRONG supporter of our Second Amendment.
Own several myself.

Dave, lots to get to.......
For starters, the endorsement is from Jim Condon of Colchester,
not our Secretary of State Jim Condos.

The details are important in life.
I pay attention to them.

Which is why I would like to thank John Mitchell for pointing out that
Jim Condon, of Colchester is a Democrat
and I am a Republican.
I believe an across the aisle endorsement says a lot towards my willingness to work together.

The Trash Hauling contracts Dave mentioned were very similar.
Duffy's bid first in an odd protocol and Casella MATCHED their offer.
This was great work on your part, Dave, thank you.
Then Casella offered the contract LOCKED IN FOR FIVE YEARS !
While Duffy's gave us a contract for two.
At the end of the second year, Fairfax will have to go out to bid
and I believe we will wish we had locked in for five years.
(Save this post and we'll see)

More answers coming, again feel free to call me at 782-0406.
And that number will not change if I go to Montpelier.
Folks who have used it KNOW that I will respond to your needs and represent you strongly.

In closing, I would like to put all politics aside
and pray for the safe return of our missing Fairfax man.
Please, join me.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Stand Alone Defense

« #13 : October 17, 2014, 09:11:45 AM »

The Trash Hauling contracts Dave mentioned were very similar.
Duffy's bid first in an odd protocol and Casella MATCHED their offer.
This was great work on your part, Dave, thank you.
Then Casella offered the contract LOCKED IN FOR FIVE YEARS !
While Duffy's gave us a contract for two.
At the end of the second year, Fairfax will have to go out to bid
and I believe we will wish we had locked in for five years.
(Save this post and we'll see)

And this is what most of the town was wondering as well..... what was the motive? If it was to save money, then why wasn't the option with the most savings gone with? Perhaps a favor? or a previous relationship with Katherine Duffy? No one really knows, but perception is everything and something appears to have been going on behind the scenes.

kpplus2

« #14 : October 17, 2014, 09:32:53 AM »

Thanks Chris for your response. Good stuff as for the trash deal I have faith the the decisions made by the ones we put on the board were in the best interest of the town and its people.  Chris MKR put up some questions that I asked Ms. Murphy would you mind giving your positions on those. Important issues this year  in my opinion should be the single payer health mess Shummy got us into, and property tax/education spending reform. Your plans? Thanks again 
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: