Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:10:15 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Chris Santee
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Chris Santee  ( 32547 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #15 : October 20, 2014, 08:54:03 AM »

MKR,

I am not a supporter of the single-payer system and will go into details as soon as possible.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee

« #16 : October 22, 2014, 05:13:14 AM »

Josh Langelier posted this on facebook
and with his permission, I re-post it here:

I would like to go on the record and say that I'm supporting Chris Santee for State Representative.
I challenge people who are both involved and uninvolved in the political process to take a fair and honest look at what Chris brings to the table.
He is a firm supporter of the second amendment and also believes in accountability and personal responsibility. Those who know me, know that these are things that I am very compassionate about.
Chris is a fellow Veteran and knows, as well as greatly respects, the cost that is paid by our service members everyday to keep us safe. In our current times with a record breaking number of suicides among our service members (22 a day), I feel this is extremely important.
I had a personal story that I was going to share about the compassion and understanding that Chris has for our service members, but it is personal and I am not ready to share this as of yet.
Chris has been a longtime family friend and I can vouch for him being a person of great moral charecter (which is rare in politics).
I really hope that you all will give Chris an honest and unbiased look no matter what political party you affiliate with.
Josh Langelier

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #17 : October 22, 2014, 06:07:14 AM »

Thanks Chris

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
kpplus2

« #18 : October 22, 2014, 09:01:34 AM »

I will be supporting Chris and here is why: I believe that a vote for Ms. Murphy will be a vote to ensure the status quo of Montpelier; Mr. Gilberts endorsement confirmed that to me. It is time at all levels that we send a message to Montpelier. Not so long ago this state voted 35 School budgets down. That did not just happen this has been a storm brewing for a long time. What does that say? The other day (conveniently just before elections) state reps came out and said in a news conference "This needs to change we need to talk about property tax reform" bla bla bla. well if they truly believed that what have their actions said when they have run Montpelier for years? its hard to believe.  The status quo is not working. The Dems have had a super majority for a long time in this state and look what we have faced: a 67 million dollar web site mistake, businesses closing and job uncertainty, a GMO bill that created a law suit and guaranteed higher food prices for us,  more regulation with act 250 and act 68 chasing business out. (Just look at the Wal-Mart fight alone). I could go on and on. When are we going to wake up? We need true common sense leadership. People need more money in their pockets so they can spend more, and I don't mean welfare or handouts. We need real education spending/property tax reform. Chris I look to you to find people that have these same beliefs in Montpelier, seek out Kurt Wright, Don Turner etc. its time that we make changes today so maybe our kids may stay around this beautiful state. Regan said it in 1980 and it stands true today: "ask yourself are you better off today then you were four years ago?" now you can say 4 years, 2 years, 6 years whatever. With the Democrats and liberals running the show are we better off? Are jobs opportunities better? Do we have a better tax system? or are we more concerned that I put my phone down while driving as I pick up my GMO labeled sandwich? ask yourself. . . I encourage you to vote for Chris Santee 
« : October 22, 2014, 09:03:34 AM kpplus2 »
Chris Santee

« #19 : October 23, 2014, 06:12:13 AM »

from the St. Albans Messenger October 20th, 2014:

Chris Santee Solves Problems
It is my privilege to endorse Chris Santee for State Representative for the Town of Fairfax. For four years Chris has faithfully served Fairfax on the Selectboard. On the Selectboard Chris has demonstrated that he is a super listener and problem solver. Chris is very motivated to continue to serve his fellow citizens of Fairfax in Montpelier. Chris will bring fresh ideas to confront the challenges we face. Chris Santee is exactly the kind of State Representative we need in Montpelier to help build a bright, prosperous future for Vermont.

Please vote for Chris Santee for State Representative.

Brian Dubie, Fairfield, Vt
Lt Governor 2002-2011

« : October 23, 2014, 06:13:48 AM Chris Santee »

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
David Shea
: 471

« #20 : October 23, 2014, 09:37:13 AM »

I don't ever remember seeing Brian at any of our selectboard meetings.  A review of the minutes will confirm this.
Chris Santee

« #21 : October 23, 2014, 09:58:25 AM »

Dave Shea wrote:
I don't ever remember seeing Brian at any of our selectboard meetings.  A review of the minutes will confirm this.

You call him by first name and question his integrity ?
Fairfax Selectboard meetings are available online for the world to see at www.Fairfax-VT.gov

I am truly honored to have the endorsement of our former Lt. Governor.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
David Shea

« #22 : October 23, 2014, 10:08:26 AM »

I'm not big on formalities, but do have a good memory.  Brian was never in attendance during my two years on the selectboard.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #23 : October 23, 2014, 11:04:30 AM »

"I'm not big on formalities, but do have a good memory.  Brian was never in attendance during my two years on the Selectboard."

Dave, the point of having the Selectboard meeting videos posted online, is so people can view the meeting and stay informed WITHOUT HAVING TO ATTEND.  I have not attended a Selectboard meeting in some time, are you saying I have no knowledge of what's been discussed at the meetings in past 6 years?  You bash Chris above for not voting for the Duffy contract but you still have failed to answer why you voted for it?  Correction, sought it out, got them to bid and voted for it.  I find it funny that anyone who has a different view than you ends up getting their integrity called into question.... Yet I feel (as do many others I have spoken with) that there were some serious integrity issues with the way YOU handled the Duffy contract (1 reason mentioned above).   

Chris receives the endorsement of the former LT Governor and you come right out and take a shot at the former LT Governor's integrity?

"I don't ever remember seeing Brian at any of our Selectboard meetings.  A review of the minutes will confirm this."

It seems to me, you are more interested in just running down Chris and anyone that endorses him rather than actually seeing where Chris stands on anything?  I am actually impressed with how well Chris has handled your (for lack of a better term) harassment, I would not be so cool headed and calm in his situation.  That though is why I am not cut out for politics.  Out of respect for Chris and Henry's website, I am going to just stop here.   

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Chris Santee

« #24 : October 23, 2014, 01:11:33 PM »

Town of Fairfax General Ledger 09/02/14
Landfill Expenses
Line Item: 100-7-64-33.000   Trucking      $395,000.00 Budgeted           $207,221.14 Spent         52.46% of budget
Total Landfill Expenses                            $408,000.00 Budgeted           $217,992.42 Spent         53.43% of budget

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
David Shea

« #25 : October 23, 2014, 03:31:23 PM »

Josh,
I think Chris made it very clear in his last post why the board voted to send RFQ's out for a new trash hauling vendor.  I researched what the average home generates for rubbish & recycling and compared that to what my company was paying for demolition debris disposal at the WSI landfill.  The cost difference was big.  I know you and other have accused me of kickback, favors, ect.  I will never convince you to think any differently.  My pocket were not lined by anyone.

The trucking line item of 395,000.00 accounts for the trash and recycling component of the budget:  Duffy's.  As you can see with just over 2 months left in the year there is still 187,778.86 left in this line item.  Almost a 50% saving year to date by changing contractors.

The additional 13,000.00 is what is budgeted for household hazardous waste day.  This line item was exhausted or nearly in the first hazardous waste day since the normal vendor died and a new vendor was used.

In an earlier post from last year you doubted that there would be any substantial saving from moving to the new vendor.  Chris has provided the data and the projected saving through to the end of the year stand at approx 150,000.00 on a single line item.  This works out to be just under a $100.00 saving for each homeowner in Fairfax.  Based what I see in the profit loss statement, the town is way over budget 113% based on the PL I saw last week.  So unless there is a major accounting error on the P & L it's a good thing the selectboard made the decision to investigate  a new contractor.

I look forward to personally exchanging ideas with you Josh.  You come across as a bright guy, the kind of person who could really add to the governance of Fairfax.

« : October 23, 2014, 03:50:39 PM David Shea »
RidgeRunner
: 73

« #26 : October 23, 2014, 03:33:56 PM »

Dave,

The first time I saw your off hand comments about people who endorsed Chris, I thought well they have some history and was willing to let it pass.  As an outside third party looking in I would suggest you knock it off.  You're not making yourself look clever or smart by any stretch and in my opinion you are bordering on harrassment.  I tell my sons at sporting events to positively cheer on their team and not be negative about the other team,  I would offer you the same advice in this case.  I realize I just put myself in your target line but hope that you will see this post for what it really is, friendly advice.
« : October 23, 2014, 03:35:53 PM RidgeRunner »
David Shea

« #27 : October 23, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »

I know who you are Ridgerunner and don't take it that way at all.  You've earned the right to give me this type of advice, since you too have held a public position.  All's good and no you're not in my sights.
kpplus2

« #28 : October 23, 2014, 03:44:20 PM »

Hey Dave I tried to run for select board but you had more PAC money and a better campaign manager!! HaHa  You can tell its an election year. I hope we all don't forget we are all neighbors and no matter what are opinions are or what side of the aisle your on, I hope we can keep it civil and look out for one another. to much other scary BS going on in the world.

PS: vote for Chris Santee . . .(subliminal message). . .

David Shea

« #29 : October 23, 2014, 03:49:39 PM »

Keith,
I'm beyond getting personal over this stuff.  If your family was in trouble and I was in a position to help them, you can bet that is just what I'd do. 
See you around town,
« : October 23, 2014, 03:52:21 PM David Shea »
: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: