Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Academic Allstars - BFA Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Academic Allstars - BFA Fairfax  ( 7793 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 07, 2014, 07:59:25 AM »

Academic All-stars: BFA-Fairfax

Sean Stergas

School: Bellows Free Academy-Fairfax

Parents: Kathy and Rick Stergas Hometown: Fletcher Top 5 accomplishments: Being selected first team all division for football, being inducted into National Honor Society, being selected to attend the Vermont Athletic Leadership Conference, being part of my school’s athletic council, and being selected to my school’s student government.

In the community: Vermont Fish and Wildlife Green Mountain Conservation Camp Junior Counselor (JC). I am also a member of NHS in which I take part in several community service projects such as, Red Cross blood drives, pancake suppers, and holiday toy drives. I also take part in High School Friends (high school mentor) as well as help coach youth football players in a touch football summer camp. I volunteered at my school’s summer basketball camp too.

Favorite spare time activity: Winter — Snowball fights and sledding. Summer — Relaxing in the AC and playing basketball in my driveway.

After graduation: I’m thinking of applying to around 8 schools but my top 4 are Merrimack College, Western New England University, Endicott College, and WPI (Worcester Polytechnic Institute). I am also pursuing the opportunity to play college football at any of my choices.

Career plans: I want to become either a civil engineer and help to improve Vermont’s bridges and road ways, or become a police officer.

Your bedroom in one word: Hazmat Dead person to meet: I would want to meet my grandfather, Laurence Stergas, because I never got a chance to meet him before he died of lung cancer. Sept. 3, 1920- Nov. 9, 1989

Your biography title: The Gentle Giant

Three ‘luxuries’ on a desert island:

Milk, my dog, satellite TV

Personal motto: “The only place success comes before hard work is in the dictionary” — Vince Lombardi.

Chace Carpenter

School: Bellows Free Academy-Fairfax

Parents: John and Melinda Carpenter Hometown: Fairfax Top 5 accomplishments: NHS President, first honors throughout high school, Basketball Dream Dozen 2013, 2014, Division III Cross Country State Champions 2014, traveled to China with Governor’s Institute

In the community: Fletcher Allen Volunteer, Junior High Project Senior Peer, National Honor Society, People Helping People Global

Favorite spare time activity: Spending time with friends.

After graduation: Looking at UVM and RPI.

Career plans: I am interested in a career in radiation therapy or genetics.

Your bedroom in one word: (dis)organized

Dead person to meet: Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867-1957) I grew up reading her books and was impressed by how she always made the best out of difficult situations.

Your biography title: Cut to the Chace, a Pun Life

Three ‘luxuries’ on a desert island:

Running shoes, frozen yogurt and the “Arrested Development” series on DVD.

Personal motto: Anything that’s worth doing is worth doing well.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: