Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:25:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Westford News
| |-+  Current News
| | |-+  Suspicious activity
« previous next »
: [1]
: Suspicious activity  ( 14359 )
cdzgang
: 12

« : July 28, 2014, 07:23:01 AM »

All,

Below is a series of emails regarding some suspicious activity/break ins that have been occurring in Westford and posted from the Front Porch Forum.  Be alert for any suspicious vehicles that may be in the area and on some of our back roads that don't look like they belong.   The suspicious cars that have been seen are a red Honda Civic and a silver/black pickup.  If you see unusual activity jot down plate numbers or snap a quick picture with your phone and report it to the police.  It may be nothing, or it may be the key that law enforcement is looking for to tie a case together.

"On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Hi,
    Thank you for posting the suspicious car seen on Woods Hollow. On Monday morning
of this past week I saw the red car setting at the end of Phelps road. No one was in it. The position and location of the car seemed suspicious to me also. In addition to this, I saw a pickup truck parked down the road 1/4 of a mile parked with a male driver. Curiosity did make me think what could be going on.
 Of course this past Monday it was super hot 87 degrees.  The truck had it's window down, so I assume no AC. I thought maybe the pickup was a spy to let the red car person know if someone was to approach.
 But what was even more bizarre was I got to Westford Village and there was a blue car parked on Common Road with a male driver with his window down. I assume no AC also. But at 87 degrees it's got to be hot setting there.  I couldn't figure out what was going on, if anything. Just odd
    The only reason I took the back roads was because of the paving on Rte 128.Westford folks,
  Be aware

Later my wife told me this car was sitting just down from our house two months ago with a male driver. She walked by with the dog and spoke with a neighbor who said the car had been there 2 days in a row.The neighbor said it loud enough to my wife, that the police should be called as the car looked suspicious. Loud enough for the driver to hear. When he heard that he drove off.
   Apparently, the day I saw these vehicles on Phelps road, they had numerous breakins.  If only people would communicate this, they would have been caught.

Hi,
I have heard from someone with a friend in law enforcement that the red Honda civic and a silver/black pickup belong to the same folks and they are known to be trouble makers.
It would not surprise me if that other car on the common was somehow involved, just as the pan handlers in Burlington are networked and spreading out into surrounding communities so too are the folks who are struggling to support a drug habit and unfortunately our sleepy little trusting town is an easy target.
I think you should post your sightings to FPF and report the activity to the State Police.
If you are not comfortable posting your observation to FPF, I would be happy to do it for you, if you wish.
Also, the fire warden is contacting the State Police to see what is involved in establishing a "Neighborhood Watch."
It bothers me to think we need to start locking our houses and making note of cars and strangers we see in our neighborhood but I think this problem is going to get worse before it gets better and we best get a jump on it.
Ill keep you posted on the NW.  And next time you travel the dirt roads and come across parked cars/trucks try to get the plate number... cars with plate numbers gives the state police something to take action on.
Best case scenario is that we organise and get the word out... world travels back to the druggie community that Westford is organised and actively watching and they decide to do their stealing some place else.
Thanks for sharing"

mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : July 28, 2014, 07:41:57 AM »

Thank you for the information!  I have also posted this on the Fairfax, VT FB page to get the word out to be on the lookout.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : July 28, 2014, 10:17:19 AM »

MKR, we should start a Fairfax Neighborhood Watch section... Or even a Group on Facebook.  Gathering intel is the single most important step to helping police make arrests and stopping this type of crime.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : July 28, 2014, 12:21:31 PM »

We should Josh.... I will support you if you run it :-) !!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
logical
: 141

« #4 : July 28, 2014, 01:00:57 PM »

A Fairfax Neighborhood Watch would be a great idea!  I would definitely support that and assist any way I could.
ohhman
: 469

« #5 : July 28, 2014, 01:13:41 PM »

I am on board with this...someone get it started & we will all do our part!
nhibbard
: 393

« #6 : July 28, 2014, 09:26:21 PM »

I think this might have come up before with the Select Board.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #7 : July 29, 2014, 08:35:44 AM »

I started a group on Facebook "Fairfax Neighborhood Watch"

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #8 : September 09, 2014, 06:41:44 AM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

CASE#: 14A103984
TROOPER: Trooper Andrew Leise
STATION: VSP Williston
CONTACT#: 1-802-878-7111

DATE/TIME: September 8, 2014/ 0830 hours
VIOLATION: Burglary

ACCUSED: u/k at this time
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: u/k at this time

VICTIM: Tod R. Ilges
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Westford, VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT: Vermont State Police Williston Troopers are currently investigating a burglary incident in the Town of Westford. Unknown individual(s) forced entry into a locked storage garage and stole approximately $5,000 worth of carpentry tools. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Andrew Leise at The Williston Barracks at 1-802-878-7111. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info<http://www.vtips.info> or text "CRIMES" (274637) to Keyword: VTIPS

Vermont Department of Public Safety | Vermont State Police

Press Releases: http://vsp.vermont.gov/press_releases
Submit an Anonymous Tip: http://www.vtips.info
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VermontStatePolice
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/VTStatePolice

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]