Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:21:37 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Alton Bruso Dies At Age 90
« previous next »
: [1]
: Alton Bruso Dies At Age 90  ( 2126 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 08, 2014, 06:11:00 AM »

FAIRFAX — Alton R. Bruso Sr., age 90, and a resident of Brick Church Road, died Saturday morning, Oct. 4, 2014, in his home.

Alton was born in Fairfield on Aug. 23, 1924, the son of the late Carl and Mabel (Jones) Bruso.

On Dec. 18, 1942, he married Hazel Burnor, who survives him. Alton farmed in Fairfax for several years before he began working for the C.V. Railway, where he was employed on the railroad for nearly 30 years, retiring in November 1989. Alton was also a 60-year member of Lamoille Lodge 6, F&AM in Fairfax. He was known to tell a story or two, and he and Hazel attended many card games of “500.“ In addition to his wife, Hazel, of 71 years, Alton is survived by three children, Alton R. Bruso Jr. and wife, Lorraine, of Alburg, Donna Wood and husband, Dick, of Bennington, and Beverly Bruso of Fairfax, and her friend, Harley Rushford; five grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.

Alton was predeceased by his parents, Carl and Mabel; and five siblings, brothers, Donald on the USS Quincy during W.W.II, Kenneth, John, and Gerald, and sister, Clarabelle Carlson.

Services will be held Saturday, Oct. 11, 2014, at 2 p.m. in the Heald Funeral Home, 87 South Main St., St. Albans, with the Rev. Charles M. Purinton Jr. officiating. Interment will follow in the Bruso lot in the Greenwood Cemetery in St. Albans. Alton’s family is being assisted by Lucien Hayes of the Heald Funeral Home where messages of condolence may be sent to www.healdfuneralhome.com.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Franklin County Home Health Agency, 3 Home Health Circle, St. Albans, VT 05478.
« : October 08, 2014, 06:15:47 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: