Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:56:50 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Independent candidate for Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Independent candidate for Fairfax  ( 9708 )
Barbara
: 270

« : June 19, 2014, 07:13:13 AM »

It is too early to start campaigning but I do wish to announce my candidacy and can't think of a better place to start. 

www.barbarasmurphy.com   

Thank you Henry for connecting the link
« : June 20, 2014, 11:21:21 AM Barbara »
nhibbard
: 393

« #1 : June 19, 2014, 07:34:13 AM »

Never too early to get out there. Good luck, can't wait to see you on the ballot.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #2 : June 19, 2014, 12:18:23 PM »

free beer and wings
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : June 19, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »

Fixed your link Barb

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #4 : June 21, 2014, 11:44:48 PM »

Nice to see an Independent--need to bust up the two party clog! Good luck Barb, hope you can shake things up....A LOT!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : July 01, 2014, 10:02:09 AM »

Nice to see an Independent--need to bust up the two party clog! Good luck Barb, hope you can shake things up....A LOT!

Agree with that!!!!!!!!! Nice to see someone unaffiliated!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Barbara

« #6 : July 31, 2014, 11:06:30 AM »

Hi Barbara,
I went to your link and was wondering your position on some current issues. Below are a few questions I have and would like to know your postion on the topic's
1. What is your position on single payer health care?
2. What are your plans or suggestions to lower or fix our broken property tax issue?
3. What is your position on legalizing marijuana?

Thank you

Thank you for the opportunity to answer your questions. I do not have "positions" other than my own thoughts on these issues.  From my experience over the past years of participating in local government, I believe it is important to maintain the willingness to be educated on a topic.  Having said that, I do have opinions and realize voters wish to know at least where my heart is on issues our legislature confronts.
Taking your questions in order:
My personal reaction to the whole health care crisis is that the focus is on insurance rather than care.  The insurance system has become as much of a barrier as it is an avenue, to health services.  I would like to support the health care providers who are trying to treat their patients despite an increasing burden of hoops.

I do believe our property tax system needs repair.  A system needs to be found that fairly assesses the "wealth" of an individual that is available as a source or revenue.  Property is currently put up for sale due to the owners inability to pay the assessed taxes.  The holding of property does not always translate into a personal income that allows payment of annual taxes at the rates they are reaching.

I believe it is hypocritical to treat the use of marijuana differently than the manner we treat the use of alcohol and tobacco.
Barbara

« #7 : August 18, 2014, 08:48:24 AM »

The primary is a week from tomorrow! 
You can register to vote at the town office until the 20th and that is where voting will take place on the 26th. 
Hope to see you there.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: